Secret Santa 2023 photos only.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll start the ball rolling with a ring mandrel which I'm sure will get good use later in the year when the (metal) workshop is up and running. I have ebony, blackwood, silver, gold ...
My Santa of course is known to me - thank you, Simon. :)

DSC_0000098.jpg

My Santa made this amazing marking gauge out of Ash / Elm (I'm assuming). Top quality workmanship and it looks stunning and works really well. A box of pencils came with it as well and some instructions. I'm still baffled by how well it has been made.
20231219_123352.jpg
20231219_123404.jpg
20231219_123359.jpg
20231219_123411.jpg

Very pleased 😊😊😊

Thank you Santa.

My Secret Santa parcel came in two phases.

Phase 1, 4 bottles of lovely Somerset cider and a beautifully wrapped parcel to keep until today
Phase 2, a stunning 3d framed image of a cyclist contemplating some challenging hills. Santa also emailed me to tell me about the process - nearly all done with hand tools only. Beautiful work!

Attachments

• IMG_20231213_105212969_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20231213_105212969_HDR~2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231225_112523491_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231225_112523491_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Santa did an incredible job on these
IMG_4165.jpeg

And through amazing coincidence I was desperate for one of these yesterday. I normally just hold my bench hook as I saw framing sticks but with loads to cut I needed to clamp the hook to the bench. Nothing I had worked, either not big enough or in the way. Just look at this!
IMG_4166.jpeg

Absolutely perfect.

Many many thanks Santa.

I received a wonderful set of personalised mats/coasters, or perhaps wall art, yet to be decided, a top up for my Quality Street tin (how did you know?) and a fabulous hand written note, which is a rare treat these days! Thank you UKWS Secret Santa! Merry Christmas everyone.

Fitzroy
IMG_4296.jpeg

IMG_4297.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

Had presents after dinner this year so had to deal with the suspense while cooking the sprouts.

A very neat little box from Scottish cherry, all from a single piece hollowed out- and very nicely finished. Some Japanese snips which will come in handy for trimming twine and general snipping, a book on tomatoes to help with finding the Goldilocks variety - last years were a little bland so either the varieties of watering schedule to blame.

And then a very nice drop of single malt.
IMG_8258.jpeg

Absolutely spoilt!
Thank you very much secret Santa!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year forum friends.

Some great looking gifts this year, showcasing members tool making and creative skills. Well done everyone!

Here is a picture of the lovely gifts received from my Santa. 🥰

53420615604_c9b8f52ef6_z.jpg

A beautifully made push stick, hand etched with the musical notes for the "Pink Panther" theme. I gave it a play on my saxophone and recognised the melody/tune straight away!

In the background on the right is a lovely old rebate plane. Very solid and well made, with some weight, in great condition. I look forward to giving this a spin when the first opportunity arises.

To the left you will see two lovely spalted blanks for my lathe. The gifts were adorned with a special handmade label which I have passed to my wife to make good use of next year! - my Santa has thought of everything!

Thank you Santa, I am very grateful for your kindness and the thought and effort you have put into sending these gifts.

Well done also to Phil for his time and hard work organising this worthwhile and very enjoyable annual event.

Best wishes for the New Year everyone.

Tony.

As always, I received some wonderful gifts from my secret Santa. I will have to post pics later as my computer is being used to upgrade my wife's old iPad to a new one. I most cherish simple things from another country that we have not had before. I received a box of English shortbread This year. My wife being an excellent cook noticed right away how the shortbread is different from Canadian shortbread. It has a much more buttery feel to it. It is amazing how things that are the same are not the same. Last year I received a rather huge Cadbury milk chocolate bar from a friend in Sutton surrey. And the choc in England is not quite as sweet with a less waxy texture. With the exact same wrappers, only one for English market and one for Canadian market. On both counts I prefer the English versions.

I received a really well made wine bottle plug, it has a real weight to it, just beautiful, and very useful, honestly I'd buy this it's that good! also a nice bottle of red in a sliding lid box, can't go wrong, thankyou very much santa and happy christmas!

Attachments

• secret_santa_2023_giftsrecieved (1 of 3).jpg
    secret_santa_2023_giftsrecieved (1 of 3).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • secret_santa_2023_giftsrecieved (2 of 3).jpg
    secret_santa_2023_giftsrecieved (2 of 3).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • secret_santa_2023_giftsrecieved (3 of 3).jpg
    secret_santa_2023_giftsrecieved (3 of 3).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Wow, finally got a bit of free time to post this after a hectic but fabulous day.

My secret santa wasn't a secret due to the customs declarations we both had to fill out, I received a couple of bottles of Canadian maple syrup, a beautifully turned bowl made from Maple (SWMBO has claimed this for something called 'Pot Pouri'), a book on the history of lost Kootenays (with photos), a mechanical pencil and a lovely mini block plane.

I have struggled to upload a photo, I don't know why the URL won't work so hopefully this link does...

Thank you so much Glenn, and I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas & New year

Here is my Superb present. So thoughtfully made for both me and my wife who likes her wood turning.
A friction burning tool with lovely cherry handles, and a superbly made and ingenious spool holder.
Also a kit to make another burning tool if we can't share and some lovely cherry turning blanks that we will fight over. :rolleyes:

Thank you Secret Santa

PXL_20231225_201502822.jpg
PXL_20231225_201524530.jpg

Stunning mancala board which is beautiful (I know how to play but have no board so is perfect!) pot of Ukrainian raw honey (I love honey so this is very special indeed!) a couple of beautiful measuring tools and a book of fastening references - suits my nerdy side so perfectly… well done secret Santa!
IMG_8224.jpeg

Santa did an incredible job on these
View attachment 172556

And through amazing coincidence I was desperate for one of these yesterday. I normally just hold my bench hook as I saw framing sticks but with loads to cut I needed to clamp the hook to the bench. Nothing I had worked, either not big enough or in the way. Just look at this!
View attachment 172557
Absolutely perfect.

Many many thanks Santa.
These got used again yesterday. A truly brilliant gift.

Back