Scheppach TS2010 setup help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I saw a thread recently about a forum member trying to set up their Scheppach table saw and discussing the assistance from NMA.

My saw came from NMA via a local dealer and I did ask for the setup pages and shims mentioned here in that thread. Alas this was not provided.

SO...back to here to ask for help from you guys and the NMA member I know also comes here.

As suggested, the manuals are absolute garbage...indeed the English version (which is very brief) contains random German words...in key points...almost as if they either could not be bothered to translate into English or the gnome they got to do the translation hadn't learnt that word in school yet!!

I bought the "deal" which comprised of the saw...the sliding mitre fence...and both extensions. Needless to say the side extension does not line up with the table top either in elevation or in angle. It is off by a few mm and out by a few degrees (dips). I have fiddled about with the shims that did come standard on the side panels...and made some shims for the elevation but it still ain't good!

It is a real shame that they don't seem to take extra care to get the setup sorted out...the saw is beautiful other than that...

26042009691.jpg

Ok so starting with the elevation...this is AFTER shimming:

02052009745.jpg

The gaps are horrendous!

02052009743.jpg

Stupid annoying things are stock...like the transition between the table and the extension table for the fence track....it simply doesn't travel beyond the table...because the screws used in the table are round head and the fence crashes into these...and even if they were the countersunk ones as on the extension...these are NOT countersunk as you can see and stick up. VERY poor engineering indeed!

02052009744.jpg

02052009748.jpg

The same problem is evident on the mitre fence endstop...this does not move past the actual mitre gauge...why...because it sticks up proud of the aluminium fence!

02052009746.jpg

As for the mitre fence itself...mmm

02052009747.jpg

Now I know that these things take AGES to tune and once it is in tune then I know it is going to be a darling but for heaven sake....for nearly £800 you would expect something a bit better out of the box and certainly not have to resort to posting like this because there is absolutely no intelligible setup information!

I know you guys will have solutions to all these problems...and I wonder what NMA have to say about this?

In anticipation....

Jim

AH! I have searched the forum under a different key word (TS2010) and now found gideon's excellent post with the written notes! Thanks mate!

I will read these through and try to follow the suggestions...

Sorry to have bothered everyone...I was getting worried for a mo there!

If anyone does want to chip in with further ideas and suggestions though I would appreciate it!

Cheers

Jimi

NMA seem to be responsive to problems. They can't do anything about design problems but they will replace faulty parts without any problems.

The secondary fence on my bandsaw was bad and they replaced that without question.

Having said that, I would also have to add that, if these machines are the best that German technology has to offer, I'm not over impressed.

Good luck,

Hi Jim

I do feel for you having spent that much. I too fell into that trap.

I bought a TS2500 off a forum member and it was superb, very accurate and well built. Space being a premium and wanting other woodworking tools in my small space, I decided to sell the TS2500 after a few years and get a brand new TS2010 as it was much smaller and folded up to a small footprint, what a mistake.

It was very poorly made, nothing seemed to fit and it took a very long time to get it about square, is was annoying having spent so much and hopiing for TS2500 quality. The manual was useless and it felt flimsy not solid in use. Your pictures bring it all back.... !

I sold it after about 3 months as I was not happy at all with it, replacing it with a second had Dewalt DW746 which is fantastic.

Hope that you can get it sorted....

Peter T":jtzbpgqj said:
NMA seem to be responsive to problems. They can't do anything about design problems but they will replace faulty parts without any problems.

The secondary fence on my bandsaw was bad and they replaced that without question.

Having said that, I would also have to add that, if these machines are the best that German technology has to offer, I'm not over impressed.

Good luck,

I'm not sure how German the 2010 is.

Totally agree with you about this one, i found all the same things.. and even after getting the ST right, getting it to slide in parallel to blade was another whole mission, and you have to take the whole arm assembly off / apart to make each minor adjustment!!

reason for reply, is can you tell me where that gideon's post is, as i tried searching and found nothing.

Thanks

Dave

Back