Saw files

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob Lee":1r58em87 said:
Alf":1r58em87 said:
That is indeed a nice one, Mike. Business research, huh? Mmm, Grade A excuse, er, reason, that one. :lol:
Yeah - Mike'd be in far greater danger from the the auctions though... one could do some real damage there..... :roll:
Nah, Rob. It actually takes money to go to an auction!

The once-in-a-while [ahem] purchases form the Bay, Leach or Murland is sorta controllable. Even something like the soon to be Best of the West is easy--I've just bought materials this week for the next 80 some orders...that puts a ding in the wallet...I will go on Friday morning...But I promised Alf no more purchases...

Take care, Mike

Don't feel bad. Tis all in good fun. I have no plans on purchasing anything at my first time ever to the BoW tailgating...

And besides, "duplicates" is a misnomer. Duplicates are only extra things after one has more than 10 of something...and even at that, extra thingies can be useful when one of the non-extra thingies gets dull :lol:

So really, just how many of something constitutes "duplicates"? :wink:

Ok. Too much coffee...Take care, Mike

I think duplicates, by the nature of the word, could be interpreted to mean only "one spare", which is a Bad Thing. What I should have said was back-ups - you can have as many of those as you like. Silly me. #-o :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3erjj76k said:
Just to stray back on topic for a moment (and yes, the fact I'm used to copious amounts of natural light when I sharpen saws is starting to worry me with regard to Philly's hovel...) and... Where was I? Oh yeah, Mike Hancock at Classic Handtools tells me files various are en route even as we speak, but
I am so under the cosh with trying to finish my catalogue price list that I haven't yet got time to quote prices - anyway it will be US equiavlent plus VAT and the usual 10% levy for getting across the pond.

I wandered into the shop a while ago to pick up local files (I'm close to the shop, but far from the Sep 9 get together).

The files weren't in.

I was phoned last week to be told that the files were in (yippee!) but that LN had only shipped the larger sizes (buggeration).

I am told that Mike is currently moving heaven and earth to get the fine sizes.

BugBear (bearer of bad-ish tidings)

Ack. Oh b- nope, no words can adequately express my feelings. No wonder Mike hasn't told me... :roll: :lol: Coo, it's a regular old saga this one, ain't it? ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

There is JOY!

From my in-box this morning (5/9/2006, 8:50)

mike hancock":14mwbksx said:
Hello Sir

The saw files are now in stock!
Regards

Mike

Web site is not yet updated, so...

TF-4XXST-FBH 4 inch Double extra-slim taper 15-20 Ppi with handle £4.95

TF-5XXST-FBH 5 inch Double extra-slim taper 12-14 Ppi with handle £5.45

TF-6XXST-FBH 6 inch double extra-slim taper 11 Ppi with handle £5.95

TF-6XST-FHS 6 inch Extra-slim taper 9-10 Ppi with handle £3.75

TF6STFHM 6 inch Slim taper 8 Ppi with handle £3.75

TF7ST-FHL 7 inch Slim taper 6-7 Ppi with handle £5.45

TF-7RT-FHXL 7 inch Regular taper 4-5½ Ppi with handle £5.45

BugBear

Huzzah! \:D/ :eek:ccasion5: =D> With handles? Ooo, posh. :shock: Ta muchly, BB. :)

Cheers, Alf

Wondering if Mike is reading this, and if not will he mention it nearly went pear-shaped...? :-k :wink:

Philly":1v0swdlc said:
What? They do pear-shaped saw files now? :shock:
Keep up, Phil. That's for filing the special tooth configuration for fruit tree pruning of course. :roll: Granny Smith & Sons G8 toe hole rip, iirc... :-k :wink:

Cheers, Alf

That the royal "we" or does Mike Hancock have them too?? :wink: :D

Oh he's had them for a couple of weeks - just things have conspired to keep them and me apart. First I was supposed to get them at Yandles, but they were all left behind at the shop 'cos there was confusion over leaving some for BugBear. So then Mike had them posted to him at Yandles and they arrived on Saturday, but no-one from the Big Bash got up to pick them up. #-o So eventually they were posted and arrived today.

However, I celebrated too soon. :roll:

Dunno what you folks think, but even out of focus it looks like an old fault to me with that discolouring at the point of breakage. :-k

Cheers, Alf

Thinking of writing a book on How To Buy Saw Files except no-one'd believe me...

Alf":19l1m95q said:
Dunno what you folks think, but even out of focus it looks like an old fault to me with that discolouring at the point of breakage. :-k

Yep, I reckon you're right, Alf. All getting a bit like one of those "Do you want the good news or the bad news?" stories :roll:

Paul

Think I'll hold off on buying some until you've broken all the dodgy ones Alf! :wink: :lol:

Bummer, Alf. It does appear to be an old fracture on that edge.

You did buy more than one? :lol:

Take care, Mike
who resides in NOS and new file heaven :wink:

Scott":19uafm7y said:
Think I'll hold off on buying some until you've broken all the dodgy ones Alf! :wink: :lol:
Ho ho... :roll: :lol:

Yes, I bought more than one - but is that a Good Thing or a Bad Thing...? :-k :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back