Running shaker doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just thought I'd show you a few images of the way we run shaker doors

2 spindle moulders, one to run tenons

two 25mm scribing rebate blocks

dsc0248fe.jpg

By having 2 blocks rather than the one and flipping the work, the set up time is much quicker and also the tenon can be off center

one spindle to run grooves

adjustable shim block, I have a much more expensive dial up model but find this one easier to use!!!

dsc0251lu.jpg

Run the tenons
dsc0224q.jpg

dsc0230bw.jpg

Run the groove
dsc0244a.jpg

Job done

With this set up I can run tenons up to 35mm
hand made kitchens hertfordshire

Great idea if you have 2 spindles unfortunately I only have one :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can I just ask a question regarding painted shaker doors. After you have constructed them with the panel in and then painted them, have you ever had a problem with the door shrinking or expanding and then the paint cracks where the panel goes into the slot to leave a line of un-painted panel.

Thanks for that post Doc - found it most interesting

I need to run up some special size oak doors to match our forthcoming kitchen and it's quite a while since I've done any in anger.

I've only got 1 s/m as well (if I discount the Kity K5 :D ) but then don't have many to do. My tooling is a bit limited also and it isn't worth the expense I think for such a small production run - ah well - make do as usual!

Would be very interested in any other stuff as well if you can find time to post.

cheers

Bob

Latest posts

Back