Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RussianRouter":2mijdr88 said:
These ally plates might have mino scratches on?

Sliding round in the back of my car - of course. :lol:

Some of them have the odd "burr" on the edge too. Nothing to slit your wrists on mind, but admittedly other than check each plate and ensure it's discs fit - I've not done anything.

Lead in pin would be good but not essential.

Assuming we don't get the pins, or they don't add anything to the weight, do you want us to start paying you the P&P now, or wait until you've actually posted and got the final price?

Toby

Update: Spready updated with shipping costs. Lead in pins probably wouldn't turn up till next week and I dare say folk would like them dispatched asap & Wifey probably wants them out of the hallway at home. :oops:

The price for < 10kg is the same i.e. £6.87 no matter whether it is 3kg or 9.5kg and as most folks is <10kg, I'm confident there shouldn't be any issues.

You might as well make the payments for your P&P. It's as in the spready for everyone - except those where arrangements have already been made.

Dibs

You're a glutton for punishment,Dibs.

The way to centralise the router on the plate and finds its mounting holes is as follows....

Place the router plate on table or a piece of stiff card? draw round the plate, as the plate is rounded off on its corners make these corner square on the table or card template.

Draw straight lines from corner to corner ie X marks the spot,in this case the center position fo the router,stick a V bit in router and position this bit right smack bang in the center,align router base flat wall if any? with edge of table /card so that its equal.

Draw round router base and remove router,take off routers plastic scratch plate(Some are glued,some are screwed down)place this plate ove drawn router base template and this will then give the position of where to drill the mounting holes in the plate.

:)

RussianRouter":1haz0h9p said:
You're a glutton for punishment,Dibs.

The way to centralise the router on the plate and finds its mounting holes is as follows....

Place the router plate on table or a piece of stiff card? draw round the plate, as the plate is rounded off on its corners make these corner square on the table or card template.

Draw straight lines from corner to corner ie X marks the spot,in this case the center position fo the router,stick a V bit in router and position this bit right smack bang in the center,align router base flat wall if any? with edge of table /card so that its equal.

Draw round router base and remove router,take off routers plastic scratch plate(Some are glued,some are screwed down)place this plate ove drawn router base template and this will then give the position of where to drill the mounting holes in the plate.

:)

I'll just be taking the CAD drawings that were supplied to the cutters and will be adding mounting details that I've "lifted" from drawings of a few commercially available plates that have drawings in the instruction manuals for a variety of routers.

Print it off, spray mount it & drill it. Easy peasy!

Dibs

Chaps\esses - I'm not updating the spready at the moment with who has paid P&P - carry on paying if you haven't already.

I'm just going to wrap them all up on Sat\Sunday and look to get them out of the door Mon\Tuesday\Wed. At that point - those that have paid will have theirs sent out 1st and I'll update the spready appropriately. And PM the person their Tracking Nbr.

If you are making payments - please use your UKW username as the Payment Reference. A lot of you are paying the £6.87 amount and I don't need any confusion. :oops:

Thanks

Dibs.

p.s. For those that I'm drilling & Tapping - I'm hoping to do that this coming week - so your's will probably be dispatched at the end of the week (or beginning of the following week, if things get a bit slow).

Just paid the p+p. Don't need a lead-in pin. But most important....

A BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!!

Steve

Dibs-h":2ak2e0wi said:
If you are making payments - please use your UKW username as the Payment Reference. A lot of you are paying the £6.87 amount and I don't need any confusion. :oops:

Thanks

Dibs.

This is not possible on my account transaction,Dibs

Anyway payment forwarded to you as of this post.

Guess what I've got then?? 8)

RouterPlate.jpg

Absolutely great, and delivered with a smile!!

Many, many thanks Dibs. All your hard work and attention to detail is much appreciated =D> =D>

Mike

Snap!

Sir Dibs surpassed himself and offered to drop off mine plate this afternoon, on his way back from Brum.

Officer and a gentleman. I'd post a pic but it's tea time inna minute :)

Is the spreadsheet offline at the moment? Following one of the previous links I now get a Google login page.

aesmith":1req7svc said:
Is the spreadsheet offline at the moment? Following one of the previous links I now get a Google login page.

Tony

Try - http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... rNgO#gid=1

Update: This packaging lark is bloody tiring! Almost all are wrapped - just need to find\liberate some more cardboard. :wink:

I should be done wrapping them by tomorrow evening and then arrange to drop them off at CityLink on Wed\Thursday.

Dibs

Oh - for those folk that wanted them drilled & tapped. The rings really are an interference fit, requiring a thump if you know what I mean. :wink: To the point you have to occasionally tap them out. :oops:

So with this in mind - would they still need drilling\tapping? Folks - any pointers\steers?

Cheers

Dibs

I dont know :? would the rings become worn through use would the screws be added saftey i am happy to go with what ever you think

The insert rings on my spindle just drop into place, and they're a clearance fit. Never had the slightest worry that it wouldn't stay there. I doubt that I will drill and tap mine if they are a slight interference fit. If that helps (which it probably doesn't as I'm not one of those who needs to have it done for me!)

Still on with the packaging, bloody tedious and boring!

part_packaged.jpg

All the Aluminium ones are wrapped - just need to put the address labels on them.

Hopefully do the Mild Steel ones this evening.

Dibs

Back