Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dibs-h":1rs32au4 said:
Having checked my account - 1 payment has shown as pending, to clear on 14 July. Studders - I suspect it's yours.

It sure is.
Santander aka Abbey National aka The Abbey - aint they just great? Take the money from your account instantly, then hang on to it for four days. :roll:

PM sent.

Update:

Just spoken to the cutters and the plates\rings\discs have been produced and are awaiting dispatch\delivery. There is a chance they'll be delivered this afternoon - although it's slim. It's more probable that they will be delivered tomorrow morning.

As soon as they arrive - I'll post up some piccies and we'll also know what sort of fit we'll get with the rings\disc. I've arranged to drop them off at the CNC shop 1st thing Sat morning. They are aiming to have them finished around Tue\Wed. As soon as I get them back - I'll be looking to get them dispatched. I'll be dispatching the ones where I'm not drilling\tapping them, first. Sorry - what can I say. I'll be looking to drill & tap the remainder over the weekend - and then ship them out from Monday 26 July onwards.

Can you please PM me your delivery details if you haven't already done so. Once I have the plates\rings tomorrow (latest), I'll know the approx weight of folks shipments so therefore will be able to find out the cost of shipping & get rid of the tons of cardboard boxes\bubble wrap that I've been hoarding.

Dibs

Sod's law - just had a call, it's turning up around 14:45. :lol:

So hopefully post some piccies later on this afternoon\evening (or tomorrow morning if I end up in slackpuss mode!)

Dibs

Flatbed truck turned up and between the 2 of us managed to get it off without rupturing or breaking anything,

Pallet.jpg

Here's a piccie of the Mild Steel plate,

milld_steel.jpg

You can see the 2 parallel lines at the top and the centre line - these have been laser "engraved". The cutters turned the power up so you can actually catch your finger nail in it. Should help with fence alignment etc.

Here's one of the Aluminium one,

aluminium.jpg

And the aluminium rings\discs,

alu_rings.jpg

and the steel ones,

steel_rings.jpg

I've spent a fair bit of time with the digital calipers and the Aluminium rings are around 109.85 +/- 0.05.

The mild steel rings\discs appear to be 109.75 +/- 0.05mm.

I'm just going to drop the plates off with a few of each ring\disc and leave the CNC shop to decide on the fit. I don't think we'll (on the whole) end up with an inteference fit purely due to folk mixing aluminium rings\disc with steel plates and also folk with steel plates just using steel rings\disc.

Cheers

Dibs

Just checked the plate - and yes they are 306 x 229. I'll be weighing one of each (plate\ring\disc) tonight to help with the P&P calcs & carriers etc.

The CNC shop opens early - so will be dropping them off 1st thing. Saves tripping over them in the hallway! :oops:

Dibs

RussianRouter said:
superunknown said:
I completely missed this thread, I guess I'm too late?

Well its been going since 2007...how the hell did you miss the boat? :wink:

Pasted from the very first post

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:38 am Post subject: Router table insert.

There's been a whole generation of wood workers gone through since Dibs started this, and those that are left are all on their zimmers. :D :D

Rob

OldWood":2dpgfszv said:
There's been a whole generation of wood workers gone through since Dibs started this, and those that are left are all on their zimmers. :D :D

Rob

Yeah,but Dibs didn't start the ball rolling for a group buy till 2007.

RussianRouter said:
OldWood said:

Rob

Yeah,but Dibs didn't start the ball rolling for a group buy till 2007.

Yes, I'd spotted that George; I was just winding Dibs up a bit !! :twisted:

I do have to admire his tenacity ... and generosity of spirit - I would have muttered some sweery words long since and thrown in the towel.

Here's one in the eye for you Dibs - many thanks

Rob

RussianRouter\Oldwood - you bleedin windup merchants! :lol:

Tony originally started the thread in 2007 - I didn't offer to do group buy till last year.

raspberry.gif

To be honest I did wish I'd knocked it on the head a few times, but that many folk had expressed an interest and given how much a good one actually costs & how little we were being quoted for these - seemed such a shame not to do it.

Superunknown - I do have one Mild Steel plate (with steel rings\disc) left over. I'm going to offer it to the chaps who were on the spready as confirmed but didn't make the deadline but tried - I've sent the 1st one a PM. If he decides not to have it then it'll be offered to the next one on the list.

If it doesn't get taken - I'll give you a shout.

Dibs

p.s. Now that I'm a bit more familiar with laser\waterjet cutting, each time I look at Sauer & Steiner's blog I start salivating (but I'm tight!). So I'm sure you can guess what the next set of profiles I'm going to get cut and have an experiment. And no I'm not taking names down for a list! : :mrgreen: (well not yet)

Update: The one extra M\S plate that I had has gone.

I dropped all the plates off at the CNC shop at lunchtime. Along with several of each disc\ring. The chap who's dealing with the order - will ring me in the morning. So all being well we should have them back Tue\Wed.

I've got the weights of each item so should be able to get Excel to work out the totals etc. Once done - I'll update the spready.

Cheers

DIbs

Latest posts

Back