Router table insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've added the weight of everyone's consignment to the spready (weight plus a nominal 200g to cover packaging etc.)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... rNgO#gid=1

It's in the column "Shipping Weight" in green.

I'll spend a little time on Sunday\Monday and work out if Royal Mail is feasible for anyone and what carrier to use for the others and whether folk have a preference for next day or just whatever is cheapest but tracked\insured? I'm going to work on the basis that folk want the cheapest tracked\insured carrier.

I don't think you will get cheaper than the stated prices you already have,Dibs.

Royal Mail pices are fixed ie if it ts only a few ounces over the minimum parcle load weight price they still want the next price up ie

No tracking 4kg at £8.22 and then it shoots up to £11.02 for an extra 1/2Kg

I doubt whether the Ally and Ally rings combined come to more than 3Kg?

Oh,by the way...could you write on my parcel in bold letters.....

"Please do not post through letter box."

reason being this postie is a lazy sod,won't knock on the door and wait a few seconds for an answer.

Silly sod posted a bar of Aluminium last week,that weighed 2.5Kg and he dropped it thouogh the letter box...thud!...good job the laminate flooring wasn't down. :x

RussianRouter":1vul3201 said:
I don't think you will get cheaper than the stated prices you already have,Dibs.

Royal Mail pices are fixed ie if it ts only a few ounces over the minimum parcle load weight price they still want the next price up ie

No tracking 4kg at £8.22 and then it shoots up to £11.02 for an extra 1/2Kg

I doubt whether the Ally and Ally rings combined come to more than 3Kg?

Oh,by the way...could you write on my parcel in bold letters.....

"Please do not post through letter box."

reason being this postie is a lazy sod,won't knock on the door and wait a few seconds for an answer.

Silly sod posted a bar of Aluminium last week,that weighed 2.5Kg and he dropped it thouogh the letter box...thud!...good job the laminate flooring wasn't down. :x

I got quotes from HDN (Home Delivery Network or something) for around £6 - I'll get proper quotes tomorrow, but suspect everyone's will be couriered out - Royal Mail is looking too expensive.

Have a google for reviews of Home Delivery Network service. Then decide for yourself.

I sent some pretty heavy stuff by royal mail standard parcel service recently. Cost just over 7 quid. Not the cheapest but not expensive enough for me to shop around.

Dave

Fair does Dave.

I've just had a quick Google - CityLink do?

4kg - 10kg which I think fits most folk @ £6.87 .
11kg or 12Kg @ £8.40
13KG @ £8.74
15kg @ £9.41 - UPDATE

Inc VAT prices.

Royal mail for 4kg I'm getting £7.06 std Parcels & £8.22 for 1st class.

The dimensions I'm putting in are 25cmx35cmx10cm altho Royal Mail don't seem to ask for dimensions, just weight. Whereas for CityLink I don't think it would make any difference either.

Let me know what you think?

Dibs

p.s. Feel free to make suggestions (useful ones that is - yes you know who you are. :lol:).

p.s. The site I'm using is www.parcelmonkey.co.uk I'll probably end dropping them off at the local CitiLink deport (it's not very far) - as 20 or so parcels being collected from Work, could easily be seem as taking the pineapple.

Citylink looks good. Prices don't come out any less with either of the online "broker" type services that I checked (www.parcel2go.com and www.interparcel.com).

I guess you want a service that collects, whereas I assume the Royal Mail price assume you take the parcels to the Post Office.

Should have an update later this afternoon. Spoke to the CNC shop and plates are scheduled to go on the m\c today, so probably give them a call around 16:00. It looks like it's CityLink's for the Courier.

Dear All

This Group Buy has been "moving" about for quite some time and I was eager for it to be put to bed, which is why it did a 0-60 rather quick. I was originally going to have all the plates made - irrespective of whether folk had paid or not, but unfortunately the purchase last week of a Carbon Fibre intake system for my other addiction, somewhat knocked that plan on the head.

For those folk who missed out either having made the payment (but their Bank isn't a member of the Faster Payments scheme & it took approx 4 days to show up) or they weren't able to make the payment - I do apologise for you missing out, but I suppose this must be the nature of such things - i.e. Group Buys.

There may well be another GB later in the year, but I can't promise anything.

Apologies again to those who missed out.

Thanks

Dibs

Update: Spoke to the CNC shop this morning and they're currently being machined. They expect them to be finished sometime today - so will probably collect them 1st thing in the morning.

Dibs.

Update: Spoke to the CNC shop (around 15:00) and they have finished them and the workshop manager who's looking after this job, when asked about the fit - said they fit spot on (the rings\discs in the plate that is).

Picking them up 1st thing so should be able to post some piccies up in the morning. Will also update the spready with shipping costs (we're going with CityLink as they are the cheapest & not a small outfit, but open to suggestions nonetheless).

Dibs

p.s. Watch this space!

Oh - I did ask the cutters to give me a price for 10 units in M\S or 10 units in AL. Will ask the CNC shop would they will charge for 10 plates as well. That way we have an idea of what subsequent GB's might cost.

Hi Dibs
Do we do an Ebay feedback report on this ?

Zero for everything so far as we haven't got our mucky fingers on anything, but 5 stars for communication; and actually 5 x * for price too.

Dibs - you're a * - a 5 x *

Rob

It's exciting isn't it. I just need to work out where to hide it till I have an excuse to spend time building the table.

I set off this morning - absolutely chucking it down and bloody tailbacks whichever way I went! So just turned back in the end & decided I'll go later this afternoon, spend a lot less time sat in traffic.

Dibs

Update: Went to the CNC shop to pick them up and get them home. Spent the last 2 hrs bundling them up as per folks orders and checking each set of rings\disc per plate.

RussianRouter - George they must have had you in mind when they did the recesses! Talk about an interference fit in nearly every case. :lol:

You have to give each ring\disc (bar a few literally) a tap for it to go home and then a tap to get it out - no way on earth is it going to fall out, even if you turned the plate upside down!

The recess is fractionally deeper than the thickness of the rings\discs - by a smidge, so a paper shim or 2 would easily sort it out.

Right then piccies (or it never happened)

M\S Steel plate,

steel_plate1.jpg

The recess in the plate

steel_recess.jpg

The Aluminium plate

alum_plate1.jpg

and lastly recess in the Aluminium plate,

Alum_recess.jpg

I'll update the spready in the morning with the shipping amounts. Any more piccies - let me know.

Oh - I do have spare discs - so now is the time to get one or 2 - when they're gone, they're gone! :wink:

HIH

Dibs

p.s. aesmith - cut out the inside of a Yellow Pages or something and hide it in there. Then put the Yellow Pages in the shop - writing in black marker on the front "Workshop Copy - do not remove".*

* - I'm not suggesting for one moment folk lie or keep things from their other halfs! :lol:

Dibs-h":d31l8i71 said:
The recess is fractionally deeper than the thickness of the rings\discs - by a smidge, so a paper shim or 2 would easily sort it out.

Way to get round that is to glue some green baize material on the bottom of the rings and when/if you screw it down it will come level with the recess.

These ally plates might have mino scratches on? so if anyone wants a brushed alumimium effect? here's how to do it....

You need- Fine grade steel wool
Can of machine oil (3in1 or similar)
Pair protective gloves

Lightly coat the surface with some of the oil and then use a piece of steel wool wrapped over a small block of wood.

Rub across the aluminium laterally (back and forth) do not use a cicular motion or it will not look right, keep oiling the surface and when you are satisfied with the appearance wipe off the oil. If you have a buffing pad and an electric drill you can gloss the finish using the buffer and some furniture polish or slicone spray.

Do test a bit of scrap ally to get to see how it will look,or wait till you see mine...I'll be the guinea pig if you like. :roll:

Latest posts

Back