Right to left metric tape measure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
I am making a mitre saw fence and am looking for a metric right to left self stick tape measure. I can find feet and inches but no metric.
I need a 2 metre length at least.
Thanks if anybody can help

tibbs":98kett0z said:
Rutlands do a combined Metric/Imperial one thats is 12' long if thats any use (product code PMSLSTICK12) .

Richard
Thanks Richard I had seen that. I would prefer not the clutter of both if I can help it. Its not cheap either at 12.95

Barry, i'll have a look in the morning to see how long the tapes i made are. I don't think there are 2000mm.

Barry Burgess":3t1j2e7q said:
I am making a mitre saw fence and am looking for a metric right to left self stick tape measure. I can find feet and inches but no metric.
I need a 2 metre length at least.
Thanks if anybody can help

I sent for one all metric sticky back right to left from the USA would you believe it, so the USA ain't all imperial :D But I can't remember who I ordered it from, so I'm a fat lot of help. What was good though it was actually about ten metres long and at each one metre interval was blank box for you to write in "1" or "2" ect ect which means what ever length you cut off, you still could use what was left again. I've just read this and I don't know if I understand what I rit. I just hope you get what I mean... :?

Barry, sorry mucka. Been wrapped up with the house stuff and forgot about you. I have wrote a reminder on my hand and will let you know the size once i get home. :wink:

I just put one on upside down in my set up - suprising how quickly I have adapted to using it that way - no problems at all

A mate of mine here takes the free cardboard tape measures you get in the DIY stores here, covers them in sellotape (wide enough to put both edges at the back - so no peeling) and contact glues them on - all very neat and works a treat. He even adds them together as they are all 1 meter long, and does it suprisingly accurately. again adding the 1, 2 3 metre numbers as required

Maybe an alternative (you still have to do it upside down mind)

AndyB I have seen that done regularly but if I got it wrong once I would be totally ********* and the cost of the right to left tape would have paid for its self

Latest posts

Back