Ricky Hatton v Manny Pacquiao

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Opps !!!!!!!!

looks like Hatton is in for a good pulverising :shock:

Have you seen any of Manny Pacquiao previous fights

did you see what he did to Oscar De La Hoya !!! kin hell !!!!!!!!!

He is GOOD

Fight is on 2nd may

feel sorry for Hatton :?

Opps :shock:

looks like I was right :lol:

will it end hattons boxing career ?

Pacquiao flattens Hatton in boxing showdown

35 minutes ago

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AFP) — Philippine southpaw Manny Pacquiao stopped Britain's Ricky Hatton in the second round here to match a boxing record by taking a title in his sixth different weight class.

The Filipino superstar knocked the Englishman down twice in the first round and finished off Hatton with a powerful left hand to the head that sent Hatton flat on his back.

Referee Kenny Bayless looked at the unmoving Hatton and waved his hands without even counting to 10, giving Pacquiao the victory after two minutes and 59 seconds of the second round.

Pacquiao won Hatton's International Boxing Organization junior welterweight title.

Pacquiao, seen as the world pound-for-pound champion, won his 10th fight in a row, improving to 49-3 with two drawn with his 37th early stoppage. Hatton fell to 45-2, losing at junior welterweight for the first time in his career.

:mrgreen:

All the experts this morning are saying there's no way back for Hatton after that. I didn't see it live but it sounds like he was completely taken apart.

He should call it a day. I would argue that boxing should be banned in a modern civilised society.

Is there such thing as Civilisation? I've not seen any evidence of it yet. What's better than watching a couple of morons knocking 7 bells out of each other. At least the millions they earn will keep their family in gold encrusted pickup trucks...

Well, whatever floats your boat, more political time has been given to foxhunting than the national economy as far as debate goes, something wrong there somewhere? imo, boxing? that's for those who are interested I suppose, one has to ask just WHAT ARE the priorities of this day and age, certainly, standing up for the people that put you in office would be a start, as for the OP, Hatton stated that he was fitter and sharper than ever before, oh dear, pride cometh before a fall, bye bye Ricky.

Rich.

Time for retirement, he's a great boxer and to carry on will sully his name. I think he's found that at the age of 30 you can't get on the booze and pies between fights and hope to get match fit when required, you need to live like a monk all of the time. Still remember him for that "perfect punch" a few fights back - and I don't much like boxing

This is why I am such a fan of MMA and UFC in general, the fighters are pro's, highly skilled, and the events that get put on have at least 5 great fights all displaying finely tuned athletes and razor-sharp skill.

Boxing has disapeared up it's own rear end. Huge amounts of hype, pointless undercards, massive money and unprofessional fighters.

The last good days of boxing IMO were the Eubank/Benn/Collins days, some real good quality matches back then, when skill and hard work meant something. These days it seems any half-decent journeyman can go and win a belt and claim to be one of the best 'p4p' fighters.

I just hope that Amir Khan doesn't go the same way as most british boxers.

do you think there was a mistake at the airport and we sent out Derek Hatton by mistake ?javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
catface

Latest posts

Back