Record bandsaw scroll

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed that Record are selling this for bandsaws. Any views? Coronet Cobra Bandsaw Scroll Guide System
It is a novel idea and possibly good for general woodworking, it's also rather expensive. Not much use for intricate fretwork with internal cuts. Really good to see that Record are now making some stuff back in the UK again, lets hope it continues. :)

On the face of it, it does seem rather a lot of cash for "a couple of bits of metal" (and I see there's another quite a few quid to buy the blades to add to that too.

BUT OTOH, what about this?

1693686508118.jpeg

It is of course a complete machine, not "just" an add-on for an existing band saw. It's made (I think) by Scies in Switzerland, and sold under their Pegas brand name. Dictum Tools in Germany are a very good retailer (I've dealt with them several times). But the price shown by Dictum is €1,784. (Scies does not deal direct with the public, only through dealers).

And of course, as both are using blades which are a continuous band, you can't do inside cuts with them, like a "normal" scroll saw does

Latest posts

Back