Queen Elizabeth has passed away.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is it with some of you blokes.
A woman who has done nothing against any of you and has given her whole life to an effort to only do the best for this country and many other countries has passed away.

Last edited:
You'll need to shift this to controversial topics before I give my opinion on the monarchy. Sorry.
No one asked for it as far as I can see. This was about the passing of a lady who did a very good job for her country not about constitutional jurisprudence. Are all your post negative? Seems so.

The death of our Queen is a sad occasion. For me, she did so much for our country, for the commonwealth and for the world at large.

While we all deal with grief in different ways, when my dad died back in July (at 91) we saw his passing as an opportunity to celebrate his great life and to think about what he achieved, what he meant to us and not just his death.

In so many ways, I see the passing of our Queen in a similar way. That's just how I see it.

On the day that our Queen died, there was other news occurring, but I found that the BBC tried to find ten million ways to say the same thing over and over (often saying it more and more slowly to pad out time) while totally disregarding everything else. In fact, as the days pass, it still seems to be that way, albeit, at a faster pace.

In the coming times most of us will look back at the events which happened, we will think of her, we will remember where we were when we learned of her death but, at the moment, I feel like there is a real media imbalance. I don't need this much information thrown at me in order to form memories and there are only a few ways to basically say the same thing.

I thought the monarch is a figure head, someone who represents the country but has no powers to do or change anything. It is a set of procedures which are followed for the sake of tradition, they go through the motions which don't really change anything. When did a monarch last reject a PM from forming a government, they go through the motions but the outcome is already known.

The death of our Queen is a sad occasion. For me, she did so much for our country, for the commonwealth and for the world at large.

While we all deal with grief in different ways, when my dad died back in July (at 91) we saw his passing as an opportunity to celebrate his great life and to think about what he achieved, what he meant to us and not just his death.

In so many ways, I see the passing of our Queen in a similar way. That's just how I see it.

On the day that our Queen died, there was other news occurring, but I found that the BBC tried to find ten million ways to say the same thing over and over (often saying it more and more slowly to pad out time) while totally disregarding everything else. In fact, as the days pass, it still seems to be that way, albeit, at a faster pace.

In the coming times most of us will look back at the events which happened, we will think of her, we will remember where we were when we learned of her death but, at the moment, I feel like there is a real media imbalance. I don't need this much information thrown at me in order to form memories and there are only a few ways to basically say the same thing.
As one minister once said today would be a good day to release bad financial news

For all those people who hate the monarchy and feel the need to express those feelings let me ask you. why is it so many people from so many countries
want to live here? If you dislike it so much then emigrate to somewhere like Russia and if you do not like that then make your feelings felt there. You would have second thoughts!!!!

After some deep thought I have decided to resign from this forum because I do not want to be seen associating with the small minority of persons who elude to their feelings and then deny that the ever said same things.

Rafzetter - Any backtracking I might try and do? Where?
1/ the thread title did not mention condolences, and 2/ I did not mention the queen.
You have the "moral" right to comment but someone else hasn't?
You are welcome to your opinions, I'm not stopping you so get off your high horse.

why is it so many people from so many countries
want to live here?
It has nothing to do with the monarchy, what other country can you go to and get free board and lodgings, not only that you get 50% of the journey done by our coast guard or navy ? It is because we are known as being gullable and a soft touch, the trafficking gangs just think we are all mugs. Then when you do live here you are given the choice to work or sponge of the people who do work.

If you dislike it so much then emigrate to somewhere like Russia and if you do not like that then make your feelings felt there. You would have second thoughts!!!!
I live here like many others, by right of birth and remain by choice, A lot of people live here and more would like to live her because "we" have the right to express an opinion.
As someone said, "I may not agree with your opinion, but I will defend to the death your right to express it.

A truly bizarre thread, people attacking someone for writing that their opinion would prove controversial and therefore not expressing their opinion. So at odds with the democratic right to reasonable, free speech it's astonishing.
Not really mate. There is a time and a place.....

He obviously thought his opinion was that important he needed to share it with the world, but tried to be clever and couch his words so as to give his opinion without 'giving his opinion'. He is perfectly entitled to his opinion and in fact at liberty to have commented as he did on the forum but for many decent people, there is a time and place - it was just unnecessary.

Last edited:
I didn't try to be clever, I merely stated a fact.
Start your own thread for republicans where you can freely express your thoughts about the monarchy.

The content of the original post sets the tone, not the name of the thread.
You're clearly intelligent enough to know that but not clever enough to know when to keep quiet when a large number of people would like to express their feeling of grief, sadness or support for the royal family at the time of their loss.

Do you attend funerals and slag off the deceased? Or tell you friends how ugly their kids are?
No. You wouldn't dare do that face to face. So maybe just 🤐 on this thread and start your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back