Queen Elizabeth has passed away.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a BLM ?

it's often not though choice though sadly, a child does not get a say into whether they are born into a greedy corrupt rich family like the trumps or somebody in the bottom 1%,
The statistics will always look bad because the poor tend to breed like rabbits whilst the rich have more pressing things to deal with so you get more poor kids.

By choice, I've missed much of the TV coverage - I'm not anti-monarchy, but the seemingly incessant verbal description of what you could see/already knew, was mind-numbing.
I'm dreading the forthcoming "another chance to watch" series on the Beeb. It could take years....

Sorry Jacob but that's not correct. Hindus and Muslims had been beating the merde out of each other for centuries before the British came. They are at it again now.
Yes but they would probably have been better left to their own devices. Empire just as likely to prolong and/or exacerbate existing conflicts. Certainly did nothing to resolve them.

By choice, I've missed much of the TV coverage - I'm not anti-monarchy, but the seemingly incessant verbal description of what you could see/already knew, was mind-numbing.
I'm dreading the forthcoming "another chance to watch" series on the Beeb. It could take years....
Boxed set? (no pun intended)

And as if by magic, the BBC news, right now....

"And nobody wanted it to end, because they knew it would be.....the end."

Ye Gods.

I generally support the monarchy and have a high regard for the way in which the now departed Queen consistently conducted herself to very high standards.

But I now understand what it is like to live without TV - I decided not to allow myself to suffer the continual misery, monotonal wallowing, repeated interviews and coverage on all channels. In fairness the organisation and related pageantry was exceptional.

Now we need to get ready for the promotional blitz - commemorative mugs, teapots, tee-shirts, box sets, coins, stamps and notes with historically correct imagery, coffee table books (do they still exist??), countless TV and magazine articles (I knew the Queen), after dinner speaking tours (I actually had dinner with the Queen) etc etc etc.

Unutterably tedious. At least the Coronation will have sufficient notice to be somewhere the BBC does not reach.

The great unwoke dopily read this as white lives don't matter, but they are not very sharp, nodding off at the back there, dreaming of brexit paradise.
It is racist really because to be correct it should read all lives mater .

Now we need to get ready for the promotional blitz - commemorative mugs, teapots, tee-shirts, box sets, coins, stamps and notes with historically correct imagery, coffee table books (do they still exist??), countless TV and magazine articles (I knew the Queen), after dinner speaking tours (I actually had dinner with the Queen) etc etc etc.
I did pass on that suggestion that as woodworkers we should have made memorabilia in the form of a coffin on a stone plaque complete with flag for £50, we could have got a nice little cottage industry going.

But I now understand what it is like to live without TV - I decided not to allow myself to suffer the continual misery, monotonal wallowing, repeated interviews and coverage on all channels. In fairness the organisation and related pageantry was exceptional.
Don't count your chickens to soon, in all probability this will all be repeated again within the next ten years for Charly, he has had 70 years of doing his own thing and now is expected to have the life of a monarch so a lot of stress and travel with some over indulgence.

Sorry Jacob but that's not correct. Hindus and Muslims had been beating the merde out of each other for centuries before the British came. They are at it again now.
sadly all to often repeated. All across Africa and elsewhere. Once the Colonial power withdraws the locals resume where they left off when we arrived, all to often the result is brutal tribal warfare an or genocide.

sadly all to often repeated. All across Africa and elsewhere. Once the Colonial power withdraws the locals resume where they left off when we arrived, all to often the result is brutal tribal warfare an or genocide.
Not possible. Generations have passed and their lives overturned. They "resumed" from the position they were left in by the colonialists who had made no provision for the change and often had treated the locals like slaves.

Not possible. Generations have passed and their lives overturned. They "resumed" from the position they were left in by the colonialists who had made no provision for the change and often had treated the locals like slaves.
A point someone made the other day - why were there three regiments of the King's African Rifles? Because they'd have been killing each other if not others.

Jacob if you regard the excesses of the likes of Mugabe, Bokassa, Amin, Pol Pot etc to be the responsibility of the departed colonial power then you really need to explain how you come to that rather bizarre conclusion. To take just one example, Zimbabwe. Under colonial rule one of the most prosperous countries in Africa. Able to grow sufficient food to feed her own people, and with significant excess exported all over the world, including to her less prosperous neighbours. Under Mugabe it became one of Africas poorest countries, mass starvation, much of the infrastructure destroyed. Generally a shambles. Generally down to massive corruption and incompetence by Mugabe and his cronies, once of course they had largely eliminated any meaningful opposition to their regime.

Well now she is in the crypt on a shelf next to Philip I suppose this thread will come to an end and everything will return to normal and there will color once again for people on Tv and we can see the back of that morbid looking black google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back