problems accessing emails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer one

Established Member
Reaction score
so there i am cheerfully using my internet connection, and i can't access my emails using IE.

talk to bt tech and they figure it may be my avg, or mcafee site thingie, but why all of a sudden i ask, especially since i can access through firefox :?

don't you just hate it when it just happens :roll:

paul :wink:

well then down load firefox from mozilla, seems to work

but also suggest you email support and complain that you know of others having the problem

Do you have bookmarks straight to your BT/Yahoo mail pages?

They appear to of revamped the site and the pages that I had bookmarked now point nowhere in particular. They have some sort of error trapping on the site but it is broke. :roll: I went back in via the front door, re bookmarked and it appears to be working OK now. This is on my works laptop on which I need to use IE for some of our odd corporate stuff to work. :shock:

thanks dave it is wierd..

on sunday i could go straight through, but monday it all went to hell in a hand basket.

i access my emails by opening through my shortcut to ie, and that on the home page gives me access to the mail, BEFORE :cry:

now when i click on the mail tab all i get is internet explorer cannot access the web page. all i have done is maybe down loaded the latest microsoft updates :?

so now i have reloaded firefox, and have to use that.

One reason why I dumped BT Openworld. They were too fond of changing things without considering the consequences/adequate testing and then, having screwed things up for users, me having to explain to some muppet on BT's 'help' desk that the problem was down to them. Eventually got there but vowed never to use them again.

roger understand your complaints about bt, but when i decided to take the plunge and get broadband, i checked all the providors, and felt that since in most cases at the time you had to pay bt for the line rental anyway, it was about the same to take on bt internet. never did have openworld.

from my experience, if you get peed off enough you can talk to someone in the uk and get the problems solved. i know that others have had major problems with just getting through to tech support for sky tiscali and orange. at least bt answer. :? indeed in a watchdog survey bt got the best responce for customer care which shows how bad the others are.

in my experience so far, every time there is an email problem, it ends up having been a yahoo problem. :cry:

Latest posts

Back