Pressure Washer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m unfortunately in the market for a new pressure washer after the Karacher has lost most of its umph after almost 20 years of life…..can’t complain too much. It’s primarily used for cleaning of a York stone patio (nightmare stuff, turn your back and it’s green and slippy)

What would people recommend? Needs to be powerful as it’s a big area, need a spiral high pressure nozzle and not much else. I’ve been reading up about Ava from Norway which offer a 20 years guarantee and steel reinforced hose which looks good.

There was a similar thread a couple of years ago
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/jet-washers.127269/
As I'm a lazy git I'll repeat what I said in that thread...

... Kranzle would be my recommendation - I went through a number of the higher-end K'Archer/Nilfisk pressure washers that broke down within a few years. Then in 2014 I bit the bullet and bought a Kranzle Profi 160, it hasn't missed a beat and is still going strong.

A part from their great build quality, Kranzle offer great support and still stock/supply spares for models that have been out of production for about 20 years.

Good timing, my Karcher k2.36 has also just died after probably 15 years of ownership, I feel a bit guilty as I had been leaving it outside too often, I expect it was damaged after the very cold week we had a month or so ago, probably not worth repairing either, was just a low end model.

Am a bit reluctant to just buy another Karcher but Kranzle might be a stretch budget wise.

A cleaning products supplier I used to deal with sold an expensive model whose name I cannot recall and Karcher. They said for 95% of requirements the Karcher was perfect. In fact the more it was used the better. I think this was because of the aluminium used for internal components did not fur up as any oxide build ups were cleaned out by the frequent passage of water under pressure.

Colin

... Kranzle would be my recommendation - I went through a number of the higher-end K'Archer/Nilfisk pressure washers that broke down within a few years. Then in 2014 I bit the bullet and bought a Kranzle Profi 160, it hasn't missed a beat and is still going strong.

A part from their great build quality, Kranzle offer great support and still stock/supply spares for models that have been out of production for about 20 years.

That makes two of us - it costs more........ but, basically, you buy well and buy once.
Excellent machines.
Proper engineering.

I spent some time looking and decided I wanted to get something that would last. I went with a kranzle k7 and it has been fantastic. Everything is solid, it’s fairly quiet in use and has loads of power.
Using a standard quick release coupling allows use of a wide range of accessories too.

During the summer had some building work done and let the builder use it wash down his van and mixer. Seeing the small size and it not making a racket he was surprised that it was much better than the diesel one he has in his yard.

I’ve not forgotten the pain, but did manage to get some good discounts by ringing around and taking advantage of sales.

it being largely brass rather than plastic and with readily available spares I’ve seen YouTube vids of people servicing 20yr old models so hoping mine will see me out

I bought one in lidl a few years ago, quite a big thing, came with loads of accessories and stuff cost about £60.
Works great, my only complaint is that the hose is very stiff so it takes a while to straighten it out when you unwind it and it tries to coil itself up a bit. Somehow knitting itself together with the wire and the other hosepipe every time.

For the stone paving I found the pressure washer was not the best. I use patio magic on mine which is a sort of fungicide you just put it on and leave it which kills off the green slippy stuff.

Ollie

Another vote for Kranzle. I bought one from Mole Valley Farmers fifteen years ago and it still works great. Fantastically powerful. It’s removed most of the lacquer from my landrover

Back