Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of Robins arrived recently.
Pair of Robins 1.jpg

One of them demonstrated a trick.
Peck 1.jpgPeck 2.jpgPeck 3.jpg

Geoff

Tomorrow I will gift a friend with the coffee table she needs for her home. She plans to work at it, doing fabric arts, but wants it the standard 16" coffee table height. The other dimensions are 36"x23". The top is cherry, from wood I bought when I lived in Pennsylvania in the 1990s. It started
1 1/4" thick but lost 1/4" to the thickness planer and to my inexpert glue-up of the 3 boards with the central board out of plane with the lateral boards. Still, I'm happy about my edge jointing with the jack plane as well as being able to flatten the panel with the same. The finish is oil-based polyurethane over shellac.

Attachments

• IMG_4912.JPG
    IMG_4912.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I posted this to the turning thread by mistake. It’s my first venture into my workshop since my wife died and I made her Christmas present 2 years ago. It’s for my great nice who has just started to walk and is about the age to have a mobile toy.
The wood is from a turkey oak which grew too close to the house.

Attachments

• IMG_3741.jpeg
    IMG_3741.jpeg
    781.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3691.jpeg
    IMG_3691.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3740.jpeg
    IMG_3740.jpeg
    907.4 KB · Views: 0
I posted this to the turning thread by mistake. It’s my first venture into my workshop since my wife died and I made her Christmas present 2 years ago. It’s for my great nice who has just started to walk and is about the age to have a mobile toy.
sorry to hear about your wife :( great that you found the motivation to get back in the workshop, your niece will love that toy!

That looks so good, @Cooper .
I wish I could have made something like this for my little one when he was that age.

Good on you for doing this. Your Niece will surely appreciate it.

Very nice... gives me ideas for my niece's twins who are coming up to 2 yrs old in a few months.
The wheels look rather complex; I count three rings to each wheel. Can you explain how you made them?

Sorry to hear about your wife.

I like the leather ears

Very nice... gives me ideas for my niece's twins who are coming up to 2 yrs old in a few months.
The wheels look rather complex; I count three rings to each wheel. Can you explain how you made them?
Making the wheels isn’t too tricky. I have lathe with a simple chuck and can turn between centres. I’ve drawn some sketches which I hope explain. Sorry my writing is so rubbish!!
looks like it will have to be in a new post as this reply won’t let me attach anything.

I hope this is reasonably self explanatory.
The thing Im most pleased with is the jig to stretch the bit of bicycle inner tube. Stretching it to fit in the saw cuts with epoxy on and then releasing it so the rubber becomes fat and a tight fit!

Attachments

• IMG_3746.jpeg
    IMG_3746.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3747.jpeg
    IMG_3747.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3745.jpeg
    IMG_3745.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3748.jpeg
    IMG_3748.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3749.jpeg
    IMG_3749.jpeg
    669.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3752.jpeg
    IMG_3752.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
That's a great idea for the jig, and the dog is lovely. I've found handmade toys get kept long after they are outgrown and I'm sure that will be the case for this one

So last year a house across the road burned down when the botanists elaborate loft set up caught fire. One assumes it was a legal CBD operation as this is a reputable area don't you know. There certainly wasn't any discount offered for locals that I was made aware of.

So out walking one evening, a pallet the new roof tiles were delivered on fell in my pocket quite by accident.

So I made a little end/lamp table.

IMG_20240104_110448.jpg
IMG_20240104_110537.jpg

So last year a house across the road burned down when the botanists elaborate loft set up caught fire. One assumes it was a legal CBD operation as this is a reputable area don't you know. There certainly wasn't any discount offered for locals that I was made aware of.

So out walking one evening, a pallet the new roof tiles were delivered on fell in my pocket quite by accident.

So I made a little end/lamp table.

View attachment 173183View attachment 173184
Looks very nice!
Is that grout?

Back