Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never realised the big image thing was a problem, I personally like the big images as I can just scroll through and look at them all without any extra clicks.

Maybe it could be said if posting 5+ images of the same thing it would be more appropriate to go for thumbnails, I'm sure we are all happy to be led by the mods recommendations on this.

Lets be honest if @Stigmorgan wasn't so prolific at what he does, this section would be fairly empty of content, his pictures are big, not denying that, I don't have any interest in wood turning but I have absolute respect for all contributions, what ever they are.

I'm not inclined to help with adding content, as nothing I make would be remotely interesting either, so I don't show (boring Joinery)

I'm somewhat remiss in not also mentioning that the Forum software has a variety of options that facilitate the easy modification of any image to make the apperance on screen smaller without needing any external editing software.

It seems that very few contributors even know that this is possible.

Once an image has been 'attached' (full image is what I recommend in light of instruction from @MikeK ) if you [Right Click] on it you will see a menu which has an option to modify 'Alignment' - by making that 'Left' you can make the image half (or less) of the disply width and make the next image 'Right' aligned and similarly reduce that to half width so that you have two images side-by-side. This takes moments and does not require any external software.

Clicking on the resultant images, still brings up the full size version which can also be 'zoomed' to see greater detail.

20230629_192758.jpg

20230629_194926.jpg

20230629_192526.jpg

Fairy for my wife's birthday in copper shaped using aviation snips and various shaped diamond files

I’ve not visited this thread for some time so decided to to visit . I was expecting to find pictures of elaborate turned pieces, examples of joinery both large and small, the usual mix from all abilities but shock horror the thread is awash with computer talk, phrases that mean nothing to me in the grand scheme of things. I even went back a few pages but just more computer talk and in an alien language. So please can we have the pictures that make this thread worth visiting back again. Oh and by the way way my mates garage has been a dumping ground for as long as I’ve known him so a job lot of cls timber and a few reclaimed plywood sheets and I built him this .

Attachments

• IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1048.jpeg
    IMG_1048.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1047.jpeg
    IMG_1047.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1059.jpeg
    IMG_1059.jpeg
  • IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg
I’ve not visited this thread for some time so decided to to visit . I was expecting to find pictures of elaborate turned pieces, examples of joinery both large and small, the usual mix from all abilities but shock horror the thread is awash with computer talk, phrases that mean nothing to me in the grand scheme of things. I even went back a few pages but just more computer talk and in an alien language. So please can we have the pictures that make this thread worth visiting back again. Oh and by the way way my mates garage has been a dumping ground for as long as I’ve known him so a job lot of cls timber and a few reclaimed plywood sheets and I built him this .
Excellent use of thumbnail images (y)

The Design Council has some "good quality" 🙄 Next living room furniture that predates me. Shaker style chipboard stuff that I fear may implode faster than an experimental submarine if I move it.

Anyway, she wanted to buy a bookcase for the room, to "make it look complete". I should point out at this stage that the unit is absolutely NOT for storing books despite it's name. It is for displaying, what I would describe as "tat". But I love the Council, and I'm tolerated, so I decided to stick it to the big clothing manufacturer and build it myself.

I present, the biggest candle holder I have ever made inserted as a full image:

IMG_20230617_094638.jpg

Painted is all MDF, shelves are reclaimed Oak (I believe). The Council has given full approval and will be providing direction for the next job imminently.

Last edited:
I think the cat is using flags to try to signal that it would like more food, and the plant would like some water.
The "T&G" at the back is MDF ?
Feline semaphore tat.

And only wizards can keep house plants alive, they're always either too wet or too dry.

The back is a 6mm sheet of MDF which I scored with the tablesaw to create the t&g effect.

Nick
just grow/keep Cactus and Succulants.....
luckily they grow in the garden for us as well.......taken today at 10am...... .
these we water once per week......av temp in the shade is 36º..so u'll have no trouble at all........
and we have flower beds if u can call them that full of Cactus and Succ's.........
she never comes home without a new type.....which I quite like........
oop's big photo........lol.......
IMG_6033.jpeg

Nick
just grow/keep Cactus and Succulants.....
luckily they grow in the garden for us as well.......taken today at 10am...... .
these we water once per week......av temp in the shade is 36º..so u'll have no trouble at all........
and we have flower beds if u can call them that full of Cactus and Succ's.........
she never comes home without a new type.....which I quite like........
oop's big photo........lol.......
View attachment 161732
Now, it does seem like you used this as an opportunity to rub it in that you're living in a Mediterranean paradise......

I like an aeonium, impossible to kill!!

Latest posts

Back