Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ladies and gents I think I may have outdone myself on this one, the shape and finish are, to my eye at least, almost perfect, of all the pieces I've ever made I'm most in love with this one, I can't stop picking it up and looking at it, will be keeping this one for a while before listing it for sale.
The pictures dont do it justice but here you go, Oak bowl, 8.5inches at the rim, cracks filled with gold glitter and CA, sanded to 320g then abrasive paste and wax finish
View attachment 158496View attachment 158497View attachment 158498View attachment 158499View attachment 158500View attachment 158501View attachment 158502View attachment 158503View attachment 158505
What a lovely little stonker no wonder you keep playing with it. The pics in the sun are amazing but your right those pics on the bench with out the sun just don't do your work justice an amazing find in oak

What a lovely little stonker no wonder you keep playing with it. The pics in the sun are amazing but your right those pics on the bench with out the sun just don't do your work justice an amazing find in oak
Eventually I'll learn to take better pictures, I was in too much of a rush and forgot to take pics in the makerspace where the lighting is excellent, the pics don't pic up the glitter very well, in person it really compliments the gold colour of the Oak.

Next time you are photographing outside on an overcast day , take a torch with you and shine it onto the object from level with the camera lens..Move it around a bit til you get the light that you want. Cheaper than having an assistant holding a bounce card ( metallic or plain, or coloured ) or a lighting brolly. Gold bounce will "warm", silver will "cold"..you can rig up a "cheapy" using a "survival blanket" ( the metallic polyester film ones ) on a frame or just held with clothes pegs onto a piece or stiff card or light weight ply or plastic sheet. But "bounce" is awkward if it's a windy day and you are doing it all yourself, a torch will add a bit of "pop / sparkle" where you want it.

Last edited:
Well ladies and gents I think I may have outdone myself on this one, the shape and finish are, to my eye at least, almost perfect, of all the pieces I've ever made I'm most in love with this one, I can't stop picking it up and looking at it, will be keeping this one for a while before listing it for sale.
The pictures dont do it justice but here you go, Oak bowl, 8.5inches at the rim, cracks filled with gold glitter and CA, sanded to 320g then abrasive paste and wax finish
View attachment 158496View attachment 158497View attachment 158498View attachment 158499View attachment 158500View attachment 158501View attachment 158502View attachment 158503View attachment 158504View attachment 158505
I don't think your suppose to post my secret Santa gift this early. Aren't you suppose to wait til after Christmas?

My daughter needed a compact shoe and coat rack for her hallway and had a very clear view on a Farrow & Ball colour. I added some white oak details and baskets for storage.

Attachments

• IMG_4345.jpeg
    IMG_4345.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4344.jpeg
    IMG_4344.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4336.jpeg
    IMG_4336.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
My daughter needed a compact shoe and coat rack for her hallway and had a very clear view on a Farrow & Ball colour. I added some white oak details and baskets for storage.
Beautiful but pointless, the kids will just throw shoes and coats on the floor near it, but never actually use it.

The stainless runners and rail, the herringbone baskets, and the oak seat lift it out of the normal to the fabulous!

Stig,
no real gold.....!!!!!! lol....
it's almost as cheap as Oak now.....

Theboy67.....
My step daughter was just the same with her clothes n shoes......
I just picked em up and tossed them out the window when it was raining......
Once she realised that there were NO clean clothes for her to wear she soon started to look after her gear.....
She even now uses the shoe laces......!!!!!!!.....
ps, her mother still doesn't after 25 years of marriage, I've given up nagging.....hahaha......

View attachment 158496View attachment 158497View attachment 158498View attachment 158499View attachment 158500View attachment 158501View attachment 158502View attachment 158503View attachment 158504View attachment 158505

Stig it's ok

Sorry my warped sense of humour. It gorgeous and if I can have half your talent I'll be a happy man 👍. I've seen people on that video place who couldn't do what you do

Sorry my warped sense of humour. It gorgeous and if I can have half your talent I'll be a happy man 👍. I've seen people on that video place who couldn't do what you do
I love a bit of banter so don't worry 😉
Some of my pieces are happy accidents, the burr globe for instance was just empty headed cutting to round and balance it so I could then decide what to make from it, it decided that's all it needed so now sits on my side table next to the sofa with Birch burr egg
16833700456289130570396674135351.jpg

Back