Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just installed this cupboard that houses the boiler in my daughters house. The boiler is in the large middle cupboard and there is storage top and bottom. I built it from measurements and used Domino knock down fasteners. Had to cut out for a couple of pipes I hadn’t been told about but it went in nicely and the daughter is very happy with it. It’s my first cabinet project using the power tools I just bought. The finish is Rustolium kitchen cupboard paint which I sprayed, also a first for me. I picked up a second hand Graco ultra max on eBay and I’m impressed with how good the finish is.

Son in law is going to put some sealer at the back where it meets the tiles. I still need to scribe in the filler on the right hand side to fit to the wall. I brought my tracksaw, track, the prepared filler strip and even a fold up table to cut it on. I didn’t bring the power cable for the saw. I guess this is one draw back of then otherwise very good Festool power lead.

7D772459-FAE3-4CA4-9311-FF980CFEEDB6.jpeg

So still got a little apricot wood left and decided a tea light holder for swmbo to go with the bud vases from the same branch. Only small pieces left so going to try my hand at toadstools/ Mushrooms soon but first will be a bowl from some Cedar that fell a couple of yrs ago and have been drying in the shed for another 6 months. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.
Steve

Attachments

• PXL_20230115_164650035.jpg
    PXL_20230115_164650035.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230115_164655605.jpg
    PXL_20230115_164655605.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I've got fed up of carrying around my heavy tool bag full of stuff I hardly ever use so I had a play around over Christmas and made these inserts for a Systainer tool tote to take my most used tools. The only stipulation was everything must go in and out really easily. They are a bit scruffy but it's only a tool box.

I'm thinking of becoming a Youtuber as I could quite happily spend my time making stuff like this but never actually making anything :unsure:

View attachment 150477

View attachment 150478

View attachment 150479

View attachment 150480

View attachment 150481
This is great, very similar to my hand tool insert I made for a sys 4, many years ago. I used the same pipe method for the screwdrivers.
It reminds me I need to make a bunch more of them.

Ollie

Just installed this cupboard that houses the boiler in my daughters house. The boiler is in the large middle cupboard and there is storage top and bottom. I built it from measurements and used Domino knock down fasteners. Had to cut out for a couple of pipes I hadn’t been told about but it went in nicely and the daughter is very happy with it. It’s my first cabinet project using the power tools I just bought. The finish is Rustolium kitchen cupboard paint which I sprayed, also a first for me. I picked up a second hand Graco ultra max on eBay and I’m impressed with how good the finish is.

Son in law is going to put some sealer at the back where it meets the tiles. I still need to scribe in the filler on the right hand side to fit to the wall. I brought my tracksaw, track, the prepared filler strip and even a fold up table to cut it on. I didn’t bring the power cable for the saw. I guess this is one draw back of then otherwise very good Festool power lead.

View attachment 151317
Great job for a 1st attempt ..

Nothing ever goes to plan 😞. Turning the First bowl and bang. Massive chunk comes flying off ( didn't notice the split 🤦) so what started as an 8inch bowl ended up a lot smaller 🤣 and thought 1 more pass as you do and ended up going through the bottom 😱.
So I started again on a smaller piece I had and ended up with a small pot. Didn't have a design in mind so just went with what the wood let me do. Plus it was getting chilly in the shed ⛄.
Steve

Attachments

• PXL_20230116_171638301.jpg
    PXL_20230116_171638301.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230116_154057203.jpg
    PXL_20230116_154057203.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230116_171649357.jpg
    PXL_20230116_171649357.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Nothing ever goes to plan 😞. Turning the First bowl and bang. Massive chunk comes flying off ( didn't notice the split 🤦) so what started as an 8inch bowl ended up a lot smaller 🤣 and thought 1 more pass as you do and ended up going through the bottom 😱.
So I started again on a smaller piece I had and ended up with a small pot. Didn't have a design in mind so just went with what the wood let me do. Plus it was getting chilly in the shed ⛄.
Steve
You're in good company here, just call it a design opportunity ;)

Steve
Welcome to the funnel club 😊😊😊 you're not alone, I dare say we've all made a funnel or two at some point 😉

Back out to give yesterday's fair lady a male friend, surprised myself with how quick I did this one, log to oiled in a little over 2 hours with constant stops to check measurements on my sketches, here he is....
View attachment 150956View attachment 150957View attachment 150958View attachment 150960View attachment 150961

And here's a shot of them both together, cut from one log, both stand about 9inches tall, would maybe look better off the male was a little taller but overall I'm really happy with them and I think our godson and partner will love them.
View attachment 150962
These could be the beginnings of a novel chess set!

Nothing too grand just a money saver
20230118_141958.jpg
20230118_143749.jpg
20230118_142055.jpg
I needed an extra joining bar for track saw found a company selling mild steel bar 12mm x 6 mm x 300mm for £ 3.30 free post and I also found a pack of 240 assorted metric grub screws for £4.99 free post total outlay £8.29 , The cheapest I could find a ready made bar for was £11.99 plus vat and postage all I had to do was drill 4 holes and tap them and I have an assortment of 236 grub screws. Winner
20230118_142148.jpg

Steve
Just remember - you are not the first, and you will not be the last. Welcome to the exciting world of turning (and flying at high speed) objects.😅

Nothing too grand just a money saver I needed an extra joining bar for track saw found a company selling mild steel bar 12mm x 6 mm x 300mm for £ 3.30 free post and I also found a pack of 240 assorted metric grub screws for £4.99 free post total outlay £8.29 , The cheapest I could find a ready made bar for was £11.99 plus vat and postage all I had to do was drill 4 holes and tap them and I have an assortment of 236 grub screws. Winner
Nice. Though I gave up on bolting two together. They just don't seem to ever line up perfectly, so I gave up and got the 3 meter rail instead. Excessive, expensive, but makes me happy.

just a new insert from maple.

process:
-get bit of maple
- tenoncut rough size
- coping saw cut slightly wide of scribe line (made from reverse oem insert but WITH 8 degrees bevel all round 😟
-Hand sanded to fit slot on mitre saw
-No 4 plane to flatten once dimensioned in x & y.
- 120grit finish to top
- furniture wax finish

Attachments

• 20230118_202459.jpg
    20230118_202459.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back