Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NazNomad":8n4qblyu said:
Made this house-warming present for a friend of mine... It'll always be wine o'clock at her house now. :-D

wine_o_clock.jpg

*original idea stolen from t'interwebs*

Ha ha excellent. I can think of a few people who'd like one of them...

I found an excellent eBay seller who will, if they aren't listed, mix & match spindle length and hand sizes to suit your clock.

Anyone that wants it, these are the plans I drew up ...

wine_o_clock_b.jpg

wine_o_clock_c.jpg

Printed on A4, makes a 13'' diameter clock (almost).

n0legs":28x45hxk said:
I made an air filter for the shed.
A couple of 4" extractor fans, a G4 pleated filter and some MDF.
In the trial period at the moment, but so far seems to work well.

Like this mate. =D> Keep us updated on performance. I've wondered before about knocking something like this together as a slightly more expensive alternative to my other dust dispersal technique of keeping the shed door open. :D

Finished this little table, not bad seeing as I started it in 2015 :roll:
Made of hemlock, douglas fir and an unknown hardwood. All done with hand tools for a change, well except for the sanding :lol:
I call it the "Leftovers table".

Thanks. She moved in today so now I have to hope it doesn't get mashed in the post.

A BIT OF UPCYCLING

Attachments

• 15267773_10154661318195871_6346214542489773808_n.jpg
    15267773_10154661318195871_6346214542489773808_n.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 192
  • il_570xN.1128591766_g3fs.jpg
    il_570xN.1128591766_g3fs.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 191
Bm101":2zoeigpf said:
n0legs":2zoeigpf said:
Like this mate. =D> Keep us updated on performance. I've wondered before about knocking something like this together as a slightly more expensive alternative to my other dust dispersal technique of keeping the shed door open. :D

I checked the filter today, compared to an unused filter it seems to have trapped a lot of dust. About 5 weeks since installing :D

Where did you get your filters from No Legs?
I'm thinking of making a cabinet to house a dust extractor with one of those in the door to do a final polish to the air as it leaves the cabinet.

finally finished a giant sized bookshelf, it measures 46 5/8 " high and 45 1/2" wide with 11" deep shelves, lots of laminating involved, lots of cursing during glue up and it took me about 2-3 weeks, I also needed some new long clamps for this beast, there's a couple of mistakes, but I will correct this for the next time I make one, mostly cutting a bit too much off one of the dado's at the front, and I tried my hand at butterfly keys for the first time after noticing a pretty big crack, using some Honduran mahogany I got from a turning blank, now I just have to decide on a finish and it's done. I've already used de-waxed shellac as a sanding sealer sanded to 240 grit, I could go with pure tung oil, shellac and wax or varnish, paint,

For my next project I'm going to make something a lot smaller :D learnt a lot from doing this and it's something I genuinely need. The bottom shelf/space is designed to fit DVD's and blu-rays and the other shelves are for my books, finally they can all be in one place.

Attachments

• bespoke_bookshelves-1.jpg
    bespoke_bookshelves-1.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 328
  • bespoke_bookshelves-2.jpg
    bespoke_bookshelves-2.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 329
  • bespoke_bookshelves-3.jpg
    bespoke_bookshelves-3.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 328
  • bespoke_bookshelves-4.jpg
    bespoke_bookshelves-4.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 327
I like the use of the keys there; they're probably not needed structurally but they turn a defect into a point of interest rather nicely but because the wood colours aren't an enormous contrast, they don't draw the eye to it unnecessarily. Nice balancing act, that.

Back