Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chess box with drawer and hand made pieces: 4¼" king, 1¾" squares. Oak, mahogany and walnut.

Attachments

• chess.JPG
    chess.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 267
Great job Sawyer, my dad would have been happy to trounce me on such a board :lol:

Undercover shed - like it

Setch":36fpwwrc said:
This is my last project. It may look like a window seat but it's really an undercover shed.

I recently erected a log cabin workshop in my garden, removing a little 6×4 shed in the process. The contents were not really welcome in my workshop, so they have been knocking around the conservatory getting in the way. Now they are tucked out of sight but still easy accessible when needed.

The T&G was recycled from my very dated kitchen. I liked the idea of recycling,but it was a massive PITA. Most of it was glued together by varnish, so I ended up having to machine grooves onto several lengths, and glue in replacement tongues.

It's only a Welsh ball - couldn't you have got a good one? :D

I put my hand on the Webb Ellis Cup (out of its case - it may well still have my fingerprint on it :shock: :shock: ) in a hotel bar one morning at about 4.00am when its bodyguard was (thankfully) distracted for a femtosecond (I was working). Its bodyguards were nice blokes - they disposed of a pita for me. :D My boy was three at the time and we had our photos taken about two feet from it the following day, again out of its case (officially this time). He took the picture to school a few years later and I asked what his teacher said. I knew his teacher to be rugby mad, he'd taken a school team to Twickenham. He said oh, Mr. W? well ... he just stood looking at it shaking his head ... :D

That's pretty shoddy work there Bm, couldn't you have made the case fit the ball instead of squashing the ball down like that? :D

Nolegs made it not me! I was just acknowledging that the ball was a lovely colour. :D

Sawyer":xhh9u6x9 said:
Chess box with drawer and hand made pieces: 4¼" king, 1¾" squares. Oak, mahogany and walnut.

Fantastic work.
Is it for sale? That should get you a nice big cheque mate.

I made this door out of, well, a door.
We've had a doorless landing airing cupboard for about 6 years now, pretty impossible to find any sort of door the right size. After much recent 'encouragement' I finally made a start on it. This was my second attempt, the first was made from scratch, I cobbled together a frame from cheap wood from the local builders merchant (to match the cheap pine panel doors we already had). Used mortice and tenon joints all round and glued up some panels. I then got stuck on how to raise them to match the other doors. Expensive cutters and a new router to fit them (very tempting), or find someone local to do it for me. However before I had a chance to do that the panels bowed horribly. It was obvious why, but sometimes you can read all you like but there is no substitute for actual practice, next time I will do better. In the meantime I had spoken to local joiner, too busy to do the job but suggested using panels from an existing door. Now I had already considered this, and discounted it due to the size required and the jointing method used in a mass produced door, but he inspired me to think about it again. As it happens I had a space 6 panel door in the shed, so I set about dismantling it, It took a while but I got one stile off and got the panels out intact. I then had to shorted the rails, still attached to the other stile, and cut and mitre the inner profile on the rail so could but joint it back on with new dowels. The panels I cut and reassembled to the size needed. It's far from perfect but I'm really pleased with it. Now I just need to trim and hang it.

https://goo.gl/photos/SS8VHzGff5wqHT1g6

A 'kennel' for Charley, from leftover fencing palings. Made a few days ago when the skytaps weren't on.
DSC_0133_renamed_13353.jpg

DSC_0134_renamed_648.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0133_renamed_13353.jpg
    DSC_0133_renamed_13353.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC_0134_renamed_648.jpg
    DSC_0134_renamed_648.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 309
Fairy Castle cake topper. Was originally asked to make one for my friends daughters wedding but the commission fell through. Decided to make it anyway though. Mostly made on the lathe.

P1090784_zps9gizkkty.jpg

Also I made the wedding cake sat underneath. It didn't last very long though...

IMG_20160524_112947752_HDR1_zpsoagvy0xr.jpg

Joint effort my first piece of woodwork completed 2016, it was quite difficult remembering which end of a chisel to hold but I feel I succeeded in the end.

Crossstitch was the first one completed by my wife last year after her hospitalisation and then I went into a plaster cast for 8 weeks with Achillies heal.

frame 1 labradors crossstitch w.jpg

Attachments

• frame 1 labradors crossstitch w.jpg
    frame 1 labradors crossstitch w.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 285
Back