Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sitefive":3rhvqbz3 said:
[Btw you should change your profile pic, pretty much everytime I see you posting I think that some insanely obese women named doris is making all the stuff!
at least by watching the video I can see that it isn't the case!

It’s called self depreciating irony, we British are rather good at it; foreigners are unlikely to understand.

Doris lovely work as usual

A few more bits for the garden
e034707bd2780c69750bfe7575becbb6.jpg

9c106194c277779eecc9234b8cdbf8c7.jpg

I've had the wheelbarrow for some time so it's good to see someone using it :mrgreen:
54320fee6d25b3096b0f3e18ee5af42f.jpg

A stand for the galvanised tank. I used stainless coach screws on the sides and back but put steel ones in the front. Hopefully it'll start rusting soon !

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!

Little bit of scrolling, little bit of turning. :D

Attachments

• sparta1.jpg
    sparta1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 268
Jonzjob":2d0v3e7z said:
Jonzjob":2d0v3e7z said:
Looks interesting!!

My effort today was to take a square stick and make it round

2" square 3.1 metres long to 2" and 2.6 metres long. I have another one to do as well, as soon as I get some more belts for my Bosch sander. The old ones kept on giving up and breaking at the join. I can't understand it? They were only about 12 years old :shock: :shock:

They will be the new curtain poles for our lounge window, 5 metres wide. At the moment we have 35mm poles and they ain't strong enough, but would make a quite reasonable bow! I am also making the rings, all 40 and the fitments too. this is it

Well, they are done now and I am quite chuffed wit them. The whole lot was stained with a dark stain with Some French name :? To do the rings I just screwed the little eye rings in them and dunked them in the stain. Then hung up to dry. It worked a treat

Everything was given a coat of hard wax oil and some intercristaline wax from Chestnut and the only worry I have is that when you draw the curtains they won't stop. They slide very easily!

Lovely drying weather out there today but it only got to 22ºC :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Finally finished and fitted today!! A slight problem with the central rail fittting as the original owner had fitted a 1/4" square door handle connecting rod into the wall to take the weight of the fitting. Very strong but a pain in the sitapon!!

SWMBO is reet chuffed with it, as am I!! The finish of hard wax oil then intercrystaline wax on both the rail and rings makes the curtains wizzzzzzz along the rail!!

Just finishing up this fretless bass guitar today.. the main body wood is Black Walnut, with an English Walnut bookmatched top. The neck is made from 3 pieces of Maple with some Black Walnut strips in between, and the fingerboard is Ebony lined with Maple veneer.

GDkVsb.jpg

Simo":3u1lxkr8 said:
Just finishing up this fretless bass guitar today.. the main body wood is Black Walnut, with an English Walnut bookmatched top. The neck is made from 3 pieces of Maple with some Black Walnut strips in between, and the fingerboard is Ebony lined with Maple veneer.

GDkVsb.jpg

Gorgeous =D>

Simo":38xkz9l6 said:

GDkVsb.jpg

that's incredible! what finish did you use? the walnut top looks beautiful

thetyreman":1o06raj0 said:
that's incredible! what finish did you use? the walnut top looks beautiful

Thanks.. I used a varnish/oil blend (wiped on), 1/3 polyurethane based varnish, 1/3 boiled linseed oil, 1/3 white spirit.

I do love the finish on the guitar!!

This is something that I finished off with a polish this morning. It's the second time I have maed egg cups like this. The 1st was for a turning challenge. They didn't get anywhere and the only comment about them was that they weren't very hygienic and would be difficult to clean! That was not part of the challenge which was 4 egg cups, all the same? I haven't bothered with the challenge since. I just get on with doing what I like doing, hygienic or not 8) 8)

The eggs fit too :shock:

Beech wood, the same as I made the curtail fittings from. Hard wax oil and intercrystaline wax to finish.. I like them :? :?

Back