Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackrodd":2lwr6pyp said:
same principle applies on many curved rails with no waste.
works well on even a 10' Monet style bridge, I've made several round here.
Rodders

I'm intrigued, maybe your turn to post a piccy?

I'm afraid my computor skills are not good enough for posting pics.
Using 12"x 4"x 10' from the wood yard, or carefully laminate some better 4"x 4" treated posts you're self
The monet bridge base is formed by bandsawing a 4" sweep from the middle 2/3rds of each side, and glued and rag bolted on top,
ending up with 500mm flat each end for foundation/fixing, and a 2 meter sweep, same principle as the gate rail above, the offcut top mirrors the sweep below.
Rodders

Quick oak mirror i made for the wife, American white oak oiled in osmo poly-X satin clear.
Wife points are building up nicely.

cECPolC.jpg

Jmac80":1gmokeio said:
Quick oak mirror i made for the wife, American white oak oiled in osmo poly-X satin clear.

cECPolC.jpg

that's a sweet mirror!
Just out of interest where did you got the glass for the mirror itself?

sitefive":37hxfq6b said:
Jmac80":37hxfq6b said:

cECPolC.jpg

that's a sweet mirror!
Just out of interest where did you got the glass for the mirror itself?

The glass is from the old mirror that used to live there :)
About 15 years ago Tesco were selling wooden mirrors for £10 each and we bought a few of them, It had a horrid yellow pine frame with huge gaps in the mitred corners.

Cheers.

Started painting a secret Santa gift... Can't wait to hear of the recipients surprise.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 239
Had a little scrap that i was going to through out till I decided to make this... The missus liked it so now I've got three more to make that will be sat on a wooden tray... Pics to follow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 188
Three diamond tea light candle holders made from maple and sapele sat on a maple tray.

The holders are angled at 45 degrees then glued into recesses I chiselled out... Could probably of been done better, but it was just an idea and was made with scraps I had.

I don't think I'll be doing them again.

Pics to follow

ziwy10.jpg

24lsdqt.jpg

2wpuwcm.jpg

hu4yhd.jpg

Beau":636cylly said:
Nicely done.

How do you cast the concrete so neatly?

Thanks.

It's poured into a rubber mold and then vibrated to remove as many air bubble as possible. When I say concrete, that's slightly misleading. It's actually called GFRC (glass fibre reinforced concrete).

flanajb":369pjrzz said:
Beau":369pjrzz said:
Nicely done.

Thanks.

It's poured into a rubber mold and then vibrated to remove as many air bubble as possible. When I say concrete, that's slightly misleading. It's actually called GFRC (glass fibre reinforced concrete).

Fantastic!

Concrete and wood...how cool is that!

I've looked again at your project Flanajb and you really are to be congratulated, it's a stunning piece of design!

Can you tell us more about the moulds, did you make them and if so how?

custard":tdhx39xv said:
flanajb":tdhx39xv said:
Beau":tdhx39xv said:
Nicely done.

Thanks.

Fantastic!

Concrete and wood...how cool is that!
+1

Understated but really neat. I like that a lot!

flanajb":2eqjxkwa said:
A desk lamp using concrete for base and top lamp mount and a laminated ply arm.

23599595171_bc80318588_b.jpg

23573641752_582ee3c1d9_b.jpg

Very clever design, and just that little bit different!
Can you say where the inspiration for this lamp came from?
Regards Rodders

Back