Post a photo of the last thing you made

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poplar wall cupboard with perspex front panel. Pinned mortice&tenon front door, dovetailed carcass, shiplapped back boards, cut nails.

IMG_2077a.jpg

IMG_2075a.jpg

IMG_2081a.jpg

Ash and Sapele desktop bookshelf.

IMG_2082a.jpg

IMG_2083a.jpg

Irish Yew truncheon (done by someone else, I don’t have a lathe) and walnut presentation plate:

IMG_2087a.jpg

And finally, walnut bandsaw boxes with chocolate…

IMG_2095a-1.jpg

IMG_2093a-1.jpg

Steve Maskery":2oaiplm0 said:
Crimbo pressie for a musical friend who is coming over this evening.

Blimey, that's clever! I thought you were going to inlay the musical notes, but that's way more special.

MarkDennehy":1bclxjx3 said:
Poplar wall cupboard with perspex front panel. Pinned mortice&tenon front door, dovetailed carcass, shiplapped back boards, cut nails.
Irish Yew truncheon (done by someone else, I don’t have a lathe) and walnut presentation plate:

Mark, you must share the secret of your productivity, completed projects are just flying out of your workshop. Great stuff!

custard":1bpkzhjt said:
MarkDennehy":1bpkzhjt said:

Mark, you must share the secret of your productivity, completed projects are just flying out of your workshop. Great stuff!
Thanks Custard :) The secret is my wife was doing the cooking and watching junior for a few days while I basically ignored everything else and lived in the shed...

custard":nu7i8huj said:
Steve Maskery":nu7i8huj said:
Crimbo pressie for a musical friend who is coming over this evening.

Blimey, that's clever! I thought you were going to inlay the musical notes, but that's way more special.

Thanks chaps. The Notes are pinned in place. Kitchen bamboo skewers are exactly 3mm in diameter, apparently.

Finally got my home made router plane to a useable condition (still have some bits which I’d like to improve).

The blades are Veritas and the body is an antique Lignum Vitae lawn bowls ball with Boxwood handles and mostly brass hardware.

5b39437841d5f2e5e7c6c02f2ccf990a.jpg

b910ef595e74084a1a89c05977cc9053.jpg

06d82bd109dd100f77f1d23479ccc49b.jpg

Got a bunch of photos during the making so could do a WIP of it if anyone was interested

Sawdust=manglitter":2ldbp8qj said:
Finally got my home made router plane to a useable condition (still have some bits which I’d like to improve).

The blades are Veritas and the body is an antique Lignum Vitae lawn bowls ball with Boxwood handles and mostly brass hardware.

Got a bunch of photos during the making so could do a WIP of it if anyone was interested

Oh very nice indeed. Would love to see the other pictures...

I made an oak sliding box in between christmas/new year, this was a gift for my brother, I used some of custards quartersawn oak for the base, the rest is american white oak, it was really appreciated.

Attachments

• Oak_Slidingbox-1.jpg
    Oak_Slidingbox-1.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 307
  • Oak_Slidingbox-2.jpg
    Oak_Slidingbox-2.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Oak_Slidingbox-3.jpg
    Oak_Slidingbox-3.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Oak_Slidingbox-8.jpg
    Oak_Slidingbox-8.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Oak_Slidingbox-9.jpg
    Oak_Slidingbox-9.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 307
  • Oak_Slidingbox-10.jpg
    Oak_Slidingbox-10.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 307
Sawdust=manglitter":1wuo7lqr said:

Ohhhh, come on. That's a beautiful bit of work. I love a bit of tool making. Deserves a WIP, I'd bet I'm not alone in expressing an interest. =D> =D> =D>

Some lovely stuff on here lately.
Two (well three) beautifully made but very different boxes on the last two pages alone. Very nice. I'n the middle of a load of building work here and I have shed time envy. :(

I take my hat off to you, Lignum is a phenomenally difficult timber to work, so shaping it as precisely as that is quite an achievement!

=D>

Back