Popular Woodworking Mag

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geoff,

Thank you so much.

No worries, I am quite used to being abused by a certain kind of traditional woodworker, who has not even taken the trouble to understand or try some of my methods, which are too radical for them.

However life is far too short to waste time on these unproductive arguments, and I have more than enough work to do at home!

I am delighted to say that quite a number of supportive emails have turned up since that little spat.

Thanks again,
David

Well, I'm glad (if that's the right word) that this is happening to others - I thought it was just me.

I subscribed in July and haven't had an issue yet. However, an email enquiry got a response expressing concern that I hadn't got October's issue, apology, and a promise of October's issue in "3 to 4 weeks" - which is November.

My airline's just booted out one of our subcontractors for inflexibility - anathema in our industry - perhaps Chris should take the same hard approach!

Sounds like you all need to be subscribing and contributing to a reliable British woodworking mag that gets subscription copies out on time and hopes one day, possibly, to compete with the American mags. I know it will take a while for that to happen, but support our efforts and we'll try to do our best for woodworking in Britain.

Thanks, of course, to everyone who is subscribing and contributing and supporting British Woodworking already.

See you.

Nick

Nick Gibbs":10pj8e9n said:
Sounds like you all need to be subscribing and contributing to a reliable British woodworking mag that gets subscription copies out on time and hopes one day, possibly, to compete with the American mags. I know it will take a while for that to happen, but support our efforts and we'll try to do our best for woodworking in Britain.

Thanks, of course, to everyone who is subscribing and contributing and supporting British Woodworking already.

See you.

Nick

yes, and on cd/download. Maybe a PM to Christopher??

MooreToolsPlease":10pj8e9n said:
I was looking at this book too.
I bought the magazines on CD a while ago, but its not the same reading them on screen as it is in the flesh.
Its not a limited edition is it?

cheaper than a "domino" : http://www.irextechnologies.com/products/iliad

David C":10pj8e9n said:
Byron,

Plane blade sharpening and the ruler trick. Chris and Rob Cosman appreciate this technique even if many traditionalists do not....
talking about traditionalists; they want to feel real paper in their hands. I want to feel wood in my hands and just (e)information.

Nick Gibbs made a plea for British (english language or just UK?) subscriptons; I think that kind of publishers are losing the competition.
Mostly there are just 1 or 2 articles that do interest me. I think WWmag/Christopher had a good try going the e-way. If UK publishers are going on with the p-way they are going from "stone age" to "dark age". Oh and 12 issues a year is way to much, 4 is enough. More than 4 is just hype. :twisted:

Has anyone received the November issue or the December issue? Also Byron have you had that book yet?

HI geoff,

I've not received the book as yet. However the money has come out of my bank account recently, so i'm assuming it's on it's way. I'll chase it up in a couple of weeks when the postal strikes over here calm down.

A bit of a red letter day as I got the October issue of PWW and the Woodworking Magazine book. Cost of the book was $30 - no shipping charge on the invoice, can't say they don't honour their offer. So that book took about 4 weeks to ship, interestingly enough there is a Royal Mail 2nd class 'stamp' on the package. Return address from Fairford, Glos.

Geoff, pleased to see that you have received yours. I expect mine to be a little longer yet as I ordered mine a few weeks ago, but at least I have some type of expectation to consider in terms of delivery times.

Latest posts

Back