Planer thicknesser upgrade...Jet 260 or SCHEPPACH HMS2600CI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassbear81

Established Member
Reaction score
Thinking of upgrading my p/t and was thinking of checking out the jet and the scheppach, has anyone got either of these machines and what do they think.

Or is there something else I should be looking at?

I see that Hammer/felder have a new planer thicknesser out a 260mm model. Looks nice.,....
Its on their spring promotion/website pdf
Owen

Hi
Great machines the Felders but beware of knife prices. They have rights to them and sting you like crazy.
We're agents for Jet machines but have to say we sell so many of the Scheppach blades and never had bad word against. Must be a good sign.

Direct comparisons are always difficult as few have the chance to use both machines. After spending some time reading as many comments on this forum as I could find I took the plunge and bought the Scheppach as my first (and probably last) p/t. Thus far there have been no problems and it does everything it's supposed to. If you are upgrading from a machine I suspect your viewpoint will be different as you will have accumulated a mental list of likes/dislikes and things to avoid. My only advice would be to shop around, there seems to be about £250 difference in price between top and bottom for the Scheppach. I think Yandles may still be competitive. Mines on a wheeled base as sold by most firms, Rutlands are often the cheapest for these.

Tony Comber

Had a look at the felder, looks nice but well over my budget. The jet is winning so far, mainly because of of Axminsters excellent customer service if I ever have a problem. Does anyone know what Yandles customer service is like?

IIRC, I bought my HMS2600CI from Yandles and they were fine. More importantly perhaps, NMA (the importer) have been very helpful with a minor problem on the machine to start with - sending a replacement part FOC, and they seem to keep a stock of spares as I've had to replace a drive belt which I got next day. I'd be happy to buy another scheppach if I ever needed to. Not sure if it is the Jet 260, but I know that a number of people had problems with the thicknesser adjustment - do a search on this forum - conversely never heard of any problems with the HMS2600CI.

HTH

Steve

Latest posts

Back