PEEL & STICK ADHESIVE RULERS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyos

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

can someone please tell me where to get adhesive rulers which will show 0- maybe 30mm approx. for sticking on jigs?

Thanks

guyos

Hi Guyos,

Axy do them here, but I think they have other ones if you click back into 'Measuring, Marking & Levelling'. Not used them myself, but if they're from Axy then I bet they'll be fine. I remember Kreg did some as well maybe?

Cheers _Dan.

Thanks Dan brilliant.

I did search the Axy site, but never found them, problem is what they are called. Self Adhesive Scales, I put self adhesive rules.

guyos

Hi Guyos try these Axminster Catalogue numbers 477230 or 486304 hope this is what you are looking for #-o

Hi doorframe,

I was just about to buy the Axminster ones for a home-made saw table, but you've given me pause for thought ! Isn't there a bit of a problem, though, because of the profile - most retractable tape measures have a distinct curve (to keep them from flopping too much, I presume). Doesn't that cause a problem adhering them with the double-sided?

Hi...
baldpate":285ht8qb said:
Hi doorframe,

I was just about to buy the Axminster ones for a home-made saw table, but you've given me pause for thought ! Isn't there a bit of a problem, though, because of the profile - most retractable tape measures have a distinct curve (to keep them from flopping too much, I presume). Doesn't that cause a problem adhering them with the double-sided?

The one's I got are dead flat and 1/4" wide. I know what you mean about the curve. I had one from a Xmas cracker and it was flat so I took a gamble as I had potential need of about 10 of them.

I just routed an appropriare slot with a straight bit, used some double sided sticky and robert was dad's brother!!

I'll check the 'logo' on the ones I've got left to make sure they match the ebay pic.

I'll let you know.

Roy

I know Steve M refers to his source for them on his DVD's, I dont recall it right now

I am sure I read somewhere that someone went into IKEA (brave man!) and got a handful of their free rulers which are thin plastic and stuck them on with double sided tape.

Potentially the cheapest option but depending on a) how far you live from an IKEA and b) you ever find your way out again!

Jim

doorframe":2fdcsf9b said:
I'll check the 'logo' on the ones I've got left to make sure they match the ebay pic.

I'll let you know.

Roy

Hi

Just got in from work and checked... the ones I have are the ones in the link above. Dead flat... 1/4" wide and 1 meter long with metric and imperial.

Roy

I used to sell the Kreg ones. Superb quality and available in L->R and R->L versions, which is important for some applications. The first lot worked out well, but there was a significant price increase and I discovered that I was buying at a very high price. It would have been cheaper for me to buy off Ax and send them out again! So I'll not be buying any more, unless I can find a cheap source without compromising quality. Actually I once had a very good source in Bakewell, when there was a tool shop there. They sold some Japanese ones at a reasonable price. Good Quality. But the shop is no longer there. :(
I think Nick Gibbs reviewed some from Tilgear, but I don't have the details to hand.
S

Hi these are a bit cheaper from axm catalgue number 600865 priced for a pair if they are any good to you all

doorframe":crigydef said:
doorframe":crigydef said:
I'll let you know.
Roy
Hi
Just got in from work and checked... the ones I have are the ones in the link above. Dead flat... 1/4" wide and 1 meter long with metric and imperial.
Roy
Hi Roy,
thanks for checking - might go for them myself then.
Chris

I have ordered a pack. I offered him £5 - he came back with £6.20, so I went with that.

Si.

knappers":2b6xdduu said:
I have ordered a pack. I offered him £5 - he came back with £6.20, so I went with that.

Si.

Don't forget to add on my commission :D

Roy

doorframe":2c1j10w0 said:
Hi
Roy
I went for them. and mine arrived today - just as Roy describes. The first set are going on the saw bench probably tomorrow. Perfect (and cheap - I do SOOO love cheap!).

Thanks again Roy.

doorframe":24spzc8w said:
knappers":24spzc8w said:

Si.

Don't forget to add on my commission :D

Roy

I took your commission off :mrgreen: and offered £6.10 (accepted)

Great tip this :) Thanks,

I went to the site and offered £5.50 and that was accepted.

Just hope they are the same as the ones you have!

b4dyc

Latest posts

Back