ORANGE - RESULT!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had a mobile phone when I was in business and I am glad they were not around at that time.
Would not worry me now if the whole industry shut downn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Sinden":soxek7lv said:
Ofcom do not deal with individual consumer complaints.

But always worth registering your complaint with them. Ofcom is the regulator and if enough people complain (such as with the exhorbitant costs of calls to and from mobiles when overseas) something eventually gets done. Takes a long time, and doesn't deal with immediate problems, but if nobody complains the regulators tend to take the view that there isn't a problem :roll:

Paul

Paul Chapman":2d96riuu said:
Roger Sinden":2d96riuu said:
Ofcom do not deal with individual consumer complaints.

But always worth registering your complaint with them. Ofcom is the regulator and if enough people complain (such as with the exhorbitant costs of calls to and from mobiles when overseas) something eventually gets done. Takes a long time, and doesn't deal with immediate problems, but if nobody complains the regulators tend to take the view that there isn't a problem :roll:

Paul

Paul..totally agree with you and have already registered my complaint. Will also write formally to Orange to complain. Fascinating when you read the small print of all the providers...weasel words.

And first past the post was VirginMobile...responding in under two days, followed by Vodafone a few hours later. A day later, T-mobile responded. All three give a minimum of a 14 day trial period or money back.

Chewing the cud with my local Orange shop in London, they commented that the whole Orange network is under severe pressure directly as a result of some aggressive marketing/prices for new customers that have recently been introduced.

So a general question to any Orange customers out there and cross the country...have you experienced any reduction in service levels of late? Just curious.

Roger
If you want an anwser to that question look Here and also have a look a round the Orange part of the forum and make up your own mind.

OK - transmitter still down and zero response from Orange. I checked out www.blagger.com for company ratings/moans/rants and, with the exception of Virgin Mobile, all the others get plenty of negative postings.

So looks like I'll be moving to Virgin Mobile. Anyone else use them?

Fascinating when you read the small print of all the providers...weasel words.

Unfortunately all large companies seem to have a pretty standard set of "weasel words", and usually they don't really care about individual customers, esp if its call centre based.

I know this from my experience, many years ago, working for a very large satalite TV provider.

Roger,

Orange really are the worst. They are totally in the hands of Nokia for their base station supplies, and yes they have NO second source supplier, incredible isn't it :?:

I would suggest that the base station 'brain' (The unit which communicates with it's controller) has been removed but the new (Upgraded) one didn't work. They can't put the old one back 'cos the BSC (This is physically located 'down the line') will have also been upgraded and is handling the other ten or so & will only 'talk' to 'upgraded units.

So they (Orange) and you (And all the other users in your area) are waiting for some Finnish technician to get his finger out and send Orange a new working 'brain'

IMHO that will be difficult since in my experience (& I regretably have had some very close encounters with them) there are no brains in either company. :cry:

All this talk of ofcom, trading standards, breah of contract etc. surprises me., is 4 days without a mobile phone (or any phone for that matter) really that important?

Is a lack of proportion creeping in?

Tony

Where do you get the four days from? The local transmitter went pear-shaped a month ago on August 29th. No information as to when it will be fixed.

I resent paying for a service that I cannot get. Legalised theft.

Roger

Tony
Please dont take this the wrong way but when you work for yourself, losing your mobile phone line for just a few days can ( has for me, lose me work and customers ).

So for some of us a mobile is very important :)

Got to agree with Colin. From a work point of view if I can't be contacted, even for a day, I lose deals and that's something I certainly can't afford.
I'm self employed, I have an office and that's it. No staff to talk to customers or supply information.
It's one of life's evils that most of society is "now, now, can't wait" etc and I'm a victim. On the other hand I also expect to speak to somebody straight away, not this afternoon, not tomorrow or next week.
Different if you're employed, 9 - 5 or whatever and you can forget about your work at 5.01PM.
Roger, don't blame you for getting angry. It is legalised theft. Of course if it was the other way around.............

Noel":swlb2mgl said:
On the other hand I also expect to speak to somebody straight away, not this afternoon, not tomorrow or next week.

Well, let's hope you're not with Orange as typical wait times are 20 minutes plus at 10p a minute. :twisted:

Unlocking phones - I understand that one can get SIM only deals but that the phone needs to be unlocked to allow it to use another mobile providers SIM. Has anyone done this? Is it easy?

Hi Roger
As for unlocking your phone :whistle: :D
It can be done very easly as long as it is not one of the new phones and if Orange will not do it ( they should and can), you can get it done from a local phone shop if you have one near you that does it.

What phone do you have as some can be unlocked by yourself :D
I would say try Orange first but try to get them to do it for free, for all the trouble you have had :wink:

Hi Colin....it's a SonyEriccson W800i IIRC.

I've just signed up for a VirginMobile SIM only for £15. That will give me a new number and I've got several old phones I can stick it in and, if they're not locked, then I can try out signal strength where I live. If it all looks good then next month when the contract ends with 'bitter orange' I'll get a PAC code for my and my wifes phones and migrate over.

Roger

Just out of interest Roger, which of the operators does Virgin buy their packages off? O2, Vodaphone, T Mobile, 3G or Oran............

Roger
Good news you can get it unlock if Orange will not do it but I would try them first :wink:

Back