One way to spend a wet afternoon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orraloon

Established Member
Reaction score
While clearing out some things yesterday for the rubbish I had the idea of using a broken bandsaw blade to have a go at a turning saw. IMG_1708.JPGIMG_1707.JPG
I made the small one a couple of years ago. Its good for small stuff like clearing out dovetails and the blades are easy to get. This one is for larger jobs and while I liked the look of the Gramercy blades I would have to pay as much again for shipping from the USofA so bandsaw blades it is. All made from offcuts and bits of old bolts. The small one was from an online clip I saw but this one I just started with 12'' of blade and went from there. At 6 tpi it flies through wood but is a tad agressive and rough so I will get a 10 and 14 tooth blades and that should be enough for my lifetime.
Regards
John

Fab, I have an old bit of bandsaw blade hanging on the wall for precisely this project. I’ll get around to it at some point. Thanks for the inspiration to get on with it sooner rather than later.

Back