one last job

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dangermouse":3veiyp75 said:
Did you know according to the law you can be buried anywhere if you own the land, even in your back garden if you want. All you have to do is notify the council. Oh yes and have a valid death certificate to prove you haven't committed a murder. :wink:

Just so! I recently went to a funeral and burial in the deceased's orchard, it was the most peaceful service and internment. Regards Rodders

Paul Chapman":3d3n62ng said:
Dangermouse":3d3n62ng said:
Did you know according to the law you can be buried anywhere if you own the land, even in your back garden if you want.

Blimey, don't tell my wife that - she'll probably just lob me on the compost heap when I snuff it :shock: :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Christ Paul - I just wasted some beer when I read that :lol:

Dangermouse":2xh5o6fq said:
Did you know according to the law you can be buried anywhere if you own the land, even in your back garden if you want. All you have to do is notify the council. Oh yes and have a valid death certificate to prove you haven't committed a murder. :wink:
What if your next of kin sells the house / land after you're gone? i don't remember seeing a tick box on the Q&E forms.
I s'pose they could leave a welcome to your new home card with a note " Can you put a bunch of daisies on me dads grave every sunday please".

Racers":ija2eq70 said:
I did make a casket for someone's ashes from Iroko, its buried in a back garden now. Pete

I made one in oak first for Dad and a few years later for Mum.
Probably the hardest things I've ever had to make and i confess to shedding a few tears in the making but very rewarding to know it was something they both wanted and the very last thing I could do for them.

Not ready to make my own yet though :wink:

Bob

In a cardboard box, in the incinerator, ashes thrown to wind at Carn Brea, and a couple of grand on the bar. Loud music, drunkenness and general mayhem. Party time. Anyone mentioning religion politely asked to leave. :lol: :lol: :lol:

English Graveyard Humour

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. - Sir Winston Churchill

david123":3utlgw62 said:
English Graveyard Humour

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. - Sir Winston Churchill

"Never believe a word you read on the internet" Also Sir Winston Churchill

Grayorm":tsqoorg3 said:
david123":tsqoorg3 said:
English Graveyard Humour

"Never believe a word you read on the internet" Also Sir Winston Churchill

"And never trust unverified statistics- 72% are wrong" 50% Sir Winston Churchill.

As the old gag goes:

On your death do you want to be buried or cremated? I don't know, surprise me...

When my "hairy" Land Rover special was completed, my mate scrambled underneath it and said "bloodyell Tone - this thing will see us both out". To which I replied "I damn well hope so - 'cos I'm taking it with me when I go"!

Back