Official Secret Santa Picture Thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the promised pictures of my secret Santa pressie :D :D

secretsanapresent.jpg

This is with the packaging it came in.

secretsantapresent.jpg

And a picture of the presents.

I am still amazed by these present, both of these tools will fit nicely into my growing toolbox.

Thank you very much Aled :D

Woody. :ho2 :ho2 :deer

Mine cup runneth over. Still cooking so pics to follow, but opened to see a beautifully finished bowl, complete with earth magnet in base - and - a turned screwdriver set - and - some dobbing sticks with magnificently finished bases. Truely something to aspire to.
Many thanks Mr.B. Above and beyond expectations. I'll post piccies post feast.

Here's my stash:

IMG_0162.jpg

A big thank you to my secret santa - I opened the box to find try square and bevel checker, then I dug a little deeper to find the marking knife, then I was gobsmacked to find a dovetail marker too :D Thanks muchly and merry christmas

Well I know this is just supposed to be for secret santa, but I feel like showing off. :D

This is my haul so far...

DSC_0313.JPG

Really happy with the book, looking forward to reading it. Some things didn't turn up in time. I'm told my 'main' present is an Aircap and still got the parents to see over the coming days.

Lunch went without a hiccup and I'm now straightening up my back in preparation for trivial pursuit. :lol: :ho2

To say I was gob-smacked to unwrap this gorgeous fine-nosed hand screw/Jorgensen-a-like-ish is probably an understatement. It's 6 1/4" long-jawed piece of art. Thank you very much indeed to my Secret Santa (I'm hopeless at working out who it is, so if you could put me out of my misery...) Can't tell you how pleased I am. :D

Opened my present first this morning. Was too excited to wait. Cheers to Jed for this bundle. Made me a very happy chappy. :D

IMG_8629.JPG

Dave

I received a copy of "John Sainsbury's Woodworking Shop" which is a thoroughly good read, my mother-in-law usually gives me a book at Chistmas as she says it keeps me quiet...

I don't know who it came from but thank you!

Aidan

A big thank you for the veritas marking gauge from my secret santa who choose to remain anonymous. I've not had a play yet but the microadjust looks very useful for scribing an exact dimension.

What a fantastic day.

Jeremy

Tony (Escudo) sent me this Penguin chocolate bar, for which I'm extremely grateful as it'll come in very handy next time I'm in the 'shop with a brew...

small-10.jpg

...and this rather nice marking gauge to go with it. Appreciated :wink: ...many thanks Tony. Catch up with you at the next event...are you buying or me? :lol: :lol: - Rob

woodbloke":3kzhynzl said:
Tony (Escudo) sent me this Penguin chocolate bar, for which I'm extremely grateful as it'll come in very handy next time I'm in the 'shop with a brew...

small-10.jpg

...and this rather nice marking gauge to go with it. Appreciated :wink: ...many thanks Tony. Catch up with you at the next event...are you buying or me? :lol: :lol: - Rob

Very nice Rob/Tony, I like it a lot.

Cheers

Aled

wizer":adk9cu5u said:
Well I know this is just supposed to be for secret santa, but I feel like showing off. :D

This is my haul so far...

DSC_0313.JPG

Really happy with the book, looking forward to reading it. Some things didn't turn up in time. I'm told my 'main' present is an Aircap and still got the parents to see over the coming days.

Lunch went without a hiccup and I'm now straightening up my back in preparation for trivial pursuit. :lol: :ho2

Any chance of a quick review of the book when you get a chance, it's one I've been meaning to buy since it was announced, but I've not got around to it yet.

Alf - What a lovely little clamp, it almost looks like a fine piece of jewellery, very nice!!

Cheers

Aled

santa.jpg

I'm still stumped as to who my Santa is, but I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with the English Walnut handled Wera diamond screwdriver they made for me!

Thank you Santa, whoever you are.

:D

pedder":1k2bdifz said:

i'm at the in laws and dont have a camera here - but i got pretty much the same as pedder (tho in different wood) (not the camilia oil ;) )

thank you very much secret santa

As promised

Bowl.....

....with earth magnet in base.

Screwdriver set.

Dobbing sticks with show-off joints :D

Many thanks Mr.B., well above the call and spirit. I shall enjoy using them all.

Chems":3lwrcx5s said:
I think I may have won the Secret Santa sweep stakes this year, I got a master southerner as my SS from the return address on the package and its either Lord Nibbo himself or our Waka. I want to say Waka as its made from Rose Wood. I can't tell you how impressed I was when I found this. At first I thought it couldn't be hand made as it was to good then I read through the instruction book an saw it was a kit! Brilliant and thank you very much!

This is a Veritas Spokeshave I forgot to say! An the blade is soooo sharp.

JeremyM lets have some pictures!

Sorry Chems tis not I. Anyway too many festool boxes.

Will be posting my SS later.

Looks like my SS has been very kind to me this year, not one present but two.
The first present is a marking kit that will enable me to put name tags on my cabinet drawers, this will help to identify the contents. I've been looking for a makers name but can't find one, but I'm sure it's either LV or LN. Whatever it's a useful piece of kit and I think every workshop should have one.

Click pic for larger image

The second present is this pair of gorgeous beautifully hand made clamps, I think the wood is spalted sycamore but I could be wrong. The thought and time that has gone into these presents, I think is immense.

Now my SS hasn't revealed himself but I'm sure it was someone at the bash because I remember talking about not knowing what's in the drawers yet. But my old addled brain can't remember, so please SS reveal yourself because I have a question or two.

Click pic for larger image

Back