New Yankee Gloatage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Hutchins in central T":3u25sode said:
So what are 'pasties' in the UK? (In the states they're only found in burlesque houses.)
Ah yes, we had this same confusion with Roger a couple of months ago. An explosive version of those would be, er, a bad idea...

Walt, only explosive pasties are currently being sent over towards France, after derogatory remarks by M. Chirac, their President, about British cuisine... :evil:

Now, was there some sort of topic around here somepleace...? :-k

Cheers, Alf

Mike, I rather think you might have missed that episode. I don't think he carved the apron, though.

I knew great minds thought alike.....but sheeshhh..... :wink:
No doubt I missed it through H&L's recheduling...

so what slides did he use..??????

It almost looks as if realtime (H&L) have finally listened because this week NYW is being shown twice a day again.
6.30am rpeated at 2.30pm
Plus the early Tuesday double bill from 5am - 6am

6.30am rpeated at 2.30pm

this they call listening...????????

no doubt they figure their prime audience is out diggin bait or kissin fish during those slots.... :roll:

not a dig at you Dewy...

The only thing I do with fish is add salt and vinegar and have it with some chips.

Dewy
Good news! All we need is an evening slot now.....
Mike
Wood slides! And the top was made from massive one piece mahogany planks :shock:
Cheers
Philly :D

Ever since that channel started as TLC NYW was always in the prime time 8.00pm time slot until they decided last year that woodworking was not as popular as fishing or property programmmes.
Despite many complaints about the loss of Workshop Wednesday last year and the loss of other woodworking programmes H&L (realtime) have not given a satisfactory answer.
They say that they show programmes that viewers want but will not say where they got their figures from.
The programme shedules topic in their Workshop forum is the longest running topic on their site.

For those with digital satellite TV they will find an extra channel showing woodworking.
Real Time had been on channels 133 & 134.
They have started Real Time Extra on channel 135 with NYW at 8.00am, Cutting Edge Woodworker at 9.00am & The Great British Woodshop at 9.30pm on weekday mornings.
Someone on the Real Time forum just posted a topic about this extra channel and hoped there would be no property programmes and that it would be mainly woodwork.
At the moment there are just the 3 programmes each morning plus This Old House at 8.30am for die hard Norm fans. ;)

Back