New Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No skills":1cyee37f said:
15 times? thats a fair upgrade :)

Hopefully your work is piling up to pay for it, bars over the windows would be pretty cheap to do.

Need to check with the insurance company first to see what they stipulate . My insurers stated that they needed to be 18mm x 18mm security bars... Not cheap at all....

Depends if it needs to be a product with a certificate...

If not then buy some 18mm stock and get welding, plenty cheap for me - not so much for folks that dont have a mig but even then if the off the shelf product are that expensive then it might pay to buy one and learn to weld.

No skills":17cbmmcw said:
Depends if it needs to be a product with a certificate...

If not then buy some 18mm stock and get welding, plenty cheap for me - not so much for folks that dont have a mig but even then if the off the shelf product are that expensive then it might pay to buy one and learn to weld.

My shop only has two windows and a glass panel door which is in the office at the back. I have just boarded the door with 18mm structural ply. Throw bolts at bottom and top of door and a 5 lever lock. 12mm x 12mm bar across one of the windows with vibration sensor linked into the alarm + a motion sensor that is covering other window and contacts on the office door. I told the insurance company this and the seemed happy although the *bleeps* want to increase my excess from £250 to £1000 for malicious damage...

Well it's all in bar the final bits of shelving etc.

This will be the "reception" area - fitted out with a nice kitchen display. A return section will provide an island over which to talk to customers

2012-07-21163734.jpg

Next door is the stock area

2012-07-21163654.jpg

Also in here will be a bench section for storing tools and a chop saw station.

2012-07-21163648.jpg

Morticer and planer. Finishing room behind. I'll make up some doors to close off the finishing room.

2012-07-21163658.jpg

Thicknesser and an extractor. Eventually i'll have a big extraction unit on this wall, ducted around the shop.

2012-07-21163701.jpg

Spindle. In the corner behind the spindle will be the woodburner.

2012-07-21163707.jpg

Bench section (got a new bench planned for here - one of the first jobs on the list).

2012-07-21163711.jpg

Table saw. Got to make the outfeed table.

2012-07-21163718.jpg

And finally the other end of the workshop. I think i'll make up a couple of displays in this section - it would give me at least 3 different kitchen displays to show people. The question of dust has been raised on the other side, and it's something i'm aware of and will need factoring into the design of the display areas.

2012-07-21163726.jpg

Clearly not all machines will stay where they are now - it'll evolve over time. But in its present set-up it should allow me to get cracking.

Thanks to everybody who's offered input.

Cheers

Karl

Thanks Mark - I know what you mean about the machines. At least that means there's plenty of space for more machines!

Back