New tyres for Kity 613 bandsaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekno.mage

Established Member
Reaction score
The lower tyre of our Kity 613 bandsaw has a groove in it and probably needs replacing. I've read quite a lot of posts about these new urethane tyres from the USA that can be fitted by stretching on the wheel after a soak in hot water. Has anyone actually tried these type of tyres on a Kity 613? If so did they work ok? How easy were they to fit? How easy was it to remove the old tyres before fitting the new ones? Would the rubberised cork and glue option work better?

Any advice would be gratefully receieved.

Thanks in advance.

Not on a Kity, but I installed some urethane tyres on my Inca two-wheeler a few weeks back, which is probably just a bit smaller than the 613. I'd had the tyres hanging in the shed for 5 or 6 years, and finall got round to fitting them(to be honest, I was a bit worried that they might not fit, so I'd been putting it off). Anyway, getting the old ones off was pretty easy, although I did have to spend a while cleaning the residue of glue and rubber off with a piece of sandpaper. Getting the new ones on was much easier that I'd expected, I soked them in hot water and had plenty of quick action clamps to hand. After replacing the knackered blade that was on the machine(with the free sample from Axy they sent me a while back!), I can now cut slithers of wood that are almost transparent. Still need to get a couple of replacement blades from Tuffsaws sometime soon, though.
I'd say go for it.

This firm can retyre the 613 wheels, £70 plus vat.

D B Keighley Machinery Ltd, Vickers place, Stanningley, Leeds, LS28 6LZ.

Not allow to post a link. :(

They say £70 + vat EACH... Seems spendy, £168 to retyre?

Blue urethane tyres for a Kity 613 are only £47 a pair, delivered from the States.

Latest posts

Back