New music

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to find new artists, some good long standing ones this side of the pond (trad folk shanties and rock)
Seamie

Boxtie

Pat

And something really cheesy :p

Last edited:
Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence has to be one of the best covers ever.
His voice is very underrated. Disturbed's usual songs take a lot out of a voice, but you have to have very good vocal chords to pull it off, must take lots of practice.....

The dead south are one of those bands that perform perfectly in person as well as on their albums.... very good band. Skunk Anansie are excellent live too, as was gary clarke jr, lucas nelson.
I got to see motorhead 4 times, always a good show and at 1 gig i got my guitar signed my lemmy 😎
Hard to find new artists,
Hi tom, you've probably come across this chap already, but he's excellent. Bit of blues, bit of folk, etc also, look up ' mad dog mcrea '
Is the guy from boxtie Hagrid??? Im sure he's from harry potter 😁😆

Last edited:
If LED Zeppelin is your thing, try Greta van Fleet - a young American metal band. The resemblance is uncanny, and many have commented that the lead singer's mother must have 'known' Robert Plant!
From a more country perspective, I do like Little Big Town, and (from a bit further back, but new to me) the Civil Wars were brilliant, IMO.
For real, high-quality New Orleans Trad Jazz, it just has to be Tuba Skinny.
All on YouTube.

If LED Zeppelin is your thing
Yes, love a bit of led zep! Ive got john paul jones on a guitar too, i met the guys from 'them crooked vultures' and got them on an s.g 😌 will check out greta van fleet

Don't people find so much of the new like Ed Shareen & co just lame, there is just something missing compared to years ago and is like a tradesman turning up to do a job, but then I suppose just like cars where there are only so many variants of a box with wheels it has all been done before and poor old teenagers no longer have an identity apart from becoming instant adults, you can see why there is so much mental health issues today.

My daughter is a music photographer, so I tend to check out bands she photographs, she is currently assisting with the management of King Nun, a shouty indie band on the up. Check out DIYmag.com, she started this way back when at Leeds Uni

I just blame you tube, too many just wanting views which you can easily get by being very bad or very good, either way it does not mater but lets hope the woodworking brigade do not take up making musical woodworking videos!

I dare say that most people of a certain age plus will never have heard of Hopesfall, Rosetta, Kardashev, DVNE, Palm Reader. Oh, and Lantlos, and City of Ships.

For us they come and go like most modern technology so not around long enough to know or remember.

Baldkev asked for new music, so that's what I suggested (though Hopesfall have been going over 20 years). Would it have been more appropriate to suggest Led Zep and Black Sabbath?

To me, "new music" suggests recentlyish released. It might also mean "new to me", of course, but complaining that I suggested current and recent artists you've not heard of misses the point of the thread.

I do get that I'm a bit unusual in not listening over and over to the ten bands I liked most when I was 20!

How about Darrell Scott?

You've probably heard of him already, but for everyone else, he's a writer of a bunch of country and bluegrass main chart hits. A really strong performer, but not "the right type of look" I guess, for the mainstream.

For anyone who plays guitar, he's solid and has kind of an interesting style. Not a ripper, but rather one man show kind of stuff (not by any means easy playing, though).

I've never seen him us autotune, either, which is nice, because it's pretty much everywhere the last 15 years, from Peter Cetera to the Disturbed sound of silence cover mentioned earlier. Subtle for the good artists, but a little to shiny perfect for me.

I dare say that most people of a certain age plus will never have heard of Hopesfall, Rosetta, Kardashev, DVNE, Palm Reader. Oh, and Lantlos, and City of Ships.

For us they come and go like most modern technology so not around long enough to know or remember.
if by a certain age you mean an old git I can say no I haven't heard of them, but here a couple of young whippersnappers who I have met who are into that newfangled looping and beatboxing stuff.

and although when this was recorded it was not for an album its now the 3rd track on the CD that popped through the letterbox last week.

just thinking I was born tooooo early for most of the above....thank god.....

jazz, aint that the music where u play a bum note or forget one and nobody notices....
I was invited to a birthday jazz club party....downtown Los Angeles.....
it was so bad I went home with his wife....hahaha....
I was much younger then....

Back