Table saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerlad

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am very new to woodworking and as my nickname may suggest I don't have same skill level as some of you on here but as time moves on hopping to gain few, so I have lot of question to ask in future due to starting few home projects but first of all I managed to pick up table saw 2nd hand from someone who has been in woodworking for long time, once I bought it home I notice it don't have any riving knife, I am a bit nervous after seeing what can happen when you get kick back so just wonder if anyone know where I can get one for Clark cts 10" saw, will post a picture of it later.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The options will be to make or to buy.

If you can buy, clarke is a machine mart brand, so if anybody has one, it would be them.

If you need to make, the chances are that somebody will have the same saw and can draw around the knife for you. It isn't a difficult task to make one and there are threads on here about doing so.

Thanks for replying will get in touch with them if I can purchase the complete gourd ect., if they want silly money will have to look to make one, just out of interest is the riving knife the same width as the blade?

Last time I ordered spares from Machine Mart they took eight months to arrive from China, so you will need to be patient.
As you are looking to purchase a guard assembly I assume this is missing also. I would be very wary of using this machine in its current state, its not a very good machine in a complete state and a much, much worse incomplete.
I had the SIP badged version but I don't suppose they would be any quicker to supply.

Bill

I’m not sure Machine Mart are the sole suppliers of Clarke equipment as I’m sure you can buy Clarke stuff elsewhere. I know Clarke have their own spares department and, when I have used them, albeit not for woodworking equipment, they were fine. The details for Clarke are on the Internet and, if it were me, I would ring them in the morning and see what they say

In all honesty that Clark saw is not bad, last owner did modify the saw with extending table top all around and custom fence that is nice and square, easy to move and lock in place, I done some cross cuts today and finaly I have nice straight cuts, for my DIY projects it will be fine, also is fitted with Freud blade from what he told me. Bit noisy if I'm honest but then I can't compare to nothing else. Will phone Clarks tomorrow and see what they say.

Spoken to Clarke spare parts department and I'm not able to get one due to product has been discontinued, so anyone can advice how to make one? How thick the riving knife should be?

Thanks

We have had several made by a good local engineering shop. However, we used an existing knife for the template. The knife thickness should be less than the brazed blade points but more than the thickness of the blade itself. So thickness accuracy of the knife is critical.

We have them made for various blade thicknesses and also to allow for the absence of an attached blade hood - acceptable if you have an independent blade hood

Back