New music

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer Sonny Landreth to the brothers but they are all good. For acoustic guitar Stephen Stills with SRV for electric but they are personal tastes.
I am an admirer of Little Feat and enjoy Lowell George's slide guitar, economical and not in your face
Tony

I love all that old bluesR&R stuff above but it's dun mi head in over the years! Not too bothered about the virtuosos like Satriani etc
So now for something else entirely different! Rita Payes guitar, vocal, trombone, her mum on guitar plus a few friends

Not old enough to remember, but I doubt anyone would have been disappointed
going to any of Rory's gigs, friend made me a disc with hours of his gigs, which was played at many a party.
Might as well add another acoustic track from Pat McManus, in homage to the g-man.

And should anyone want some more acoustic, have you heard of Michael Hedges?

I love all that old bluesR&R stuff above but it's dun mi head in over the years! Not too bothered about the virtuosos like Satriani etc
So now for something else entirely different! Rita Payes guitar, vocal, trombone, her mum on guitar plus a few friends

Thats not bad jacob, a bit trendy wine bar territory....

I thought you might be into megadeth or pantera

We had heavy metal in the 60s. It never really got any better, just same 3 chords and more electrics

Gary Moore has covered a lot of ground, something for everyone who likes more than just three chords.
Just a cheesy one for a laugh.

A number from the rock era.

Last edited:
A former work colleague once insisted on driving me to see a customer. He threatened to play "smooth jazz" for the entire two-hour journey. I wasn't raised to let people threaten me, so I said if he was driving I was going to do the music. This was the opener.

I listen to mostly rock, metal and blues.... any suggestions for new artists? It'd take ages to list everyone i know, but feel free to post up suggestions and just include a 'guide ' to what genre they cover.....
Oh, and this is for everyone, not just me.... so although id like a new blues band/ artist to listen to, if you want to post up spice hirls, just let everyone know its 'pop'

So, to start us off, here's gary clarke jr 'blues'

And john butler trio 'awesome guitar acoustic'

Peat and Diesel or Gerry Cinnamon when I'm not on a Biffy Clyro binge.

Latest posts

Back