New music

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
I listen to mostly rock, metal and blues.... any suggestions for new artists? It'd take ages to list everyone i know, but feel free to post up suggestions and just include a 'guide ' to what genre they cover.....
Oh, and this is for everyone, not just me.... so although id like a new blues band/ artist to listen to, if you want to post up spice hirls, just let everyone know its 'pop'

So, to start us off, here's gary clarke jr 'blues'

And john butler trio 'awesome guitar acoustic'

Rap isn't my thing, but i like mike shinoda's rap at the start of crawling

billy strings, christone ingram ("kingfish")

Maybe not something that will provide you with 10 albums worth of entertainment, but both great player/singers. Billy strings is a flatpicker. Christone is kind of a modern shredder of blues (but not shredder like metal, just way more active on the fingerboard that most of the slower blues pattern guys).

I think rap is like most genres - lots of dross, but some gems.

I'll offer some assorted electro. Be aware that some of it (especially towards the end) is very, very cheesy.

Maybe not something that will provide you with 10 albums worth of entertainment, but both great player/singers. Billy strings is a flatpicker. Christone is kind of a modern shredder of blues (but not shredder like metal, just way more active on the fingerboard that most of the slower blues pattern guys).

Kingfish is a good player
Billy strings isnt dissimilar ( probably due to the banjo) to the dead south. I saw them live, they are ace

Big fan of Billy Strings. Country music is one of those things I hate and love at the same time. Probably why I get so frustrated when people say they can't stand jazz. I don't think anybody loves all jazz, but in my opinion, you might as well say you don't like music. Jazz infiltrates most post classical music there's jazz I hate, and there's jazz that is almost as good as secks.

The Be Good Tanyas are something I like to listen to now and then.

Disturbed's version of Sound of Silence has to be one of the best covers ever.

Kev I have seen the Dead South too...... :)

Pete

I like some of the odd timing you get with jazz

I quite enjoy most Jazz - saw the MJQ Live at the Central Hall in Coventry in the 60's but I was in that same building on Friday at a Composition Workshop.

I was singing First Tenor. (from sight! no rehearsal) One of the pieces had the instruction "Vowel of free choice" --- ie. no words --- it started in 5:4, was 81 bars long and had 30 !!! yes 3 0 changes of time signature !!

I say First Tenor - I was the only Tenor!

Back