New L-N Addition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Had a little parcel arrive from Lie-Nielsen yesterday. Inside we found....
DSCF6351.jpg

"Yes, it's a chisel" I hear you say?? Ahh....you need a clue?

DSCF6353.jpg

How about now?? Yes? You got it!
It is (at last!!) a 1 inch bevel edge chisel. Since the L-N chisels have been released the largest available has been the 3/4 inch. Finally we get the 1 inch!
First thing I noticed was it's sheer size. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Of course it's bigger - thats because it IS" :lol:
But the chisel is twice the weight of the 3/4 and it is very heavily built. It also has a larger handle than the other chisels (the same size as the 1/2 inch mortise, chisel fans)
As you can see, I ordered mine with the Cocobolo handle. Here's another gratuitous shot....
DSCF6352.jpg

And maybe just one more.....
DSCF6354.jpg

Whooops! How did that one get in there???? :lol:
Yes, the 1/2 inch skew chisels for your delectation.....

I'll report back once I've had some serious use out of it.
Cheers
Philly :D

Phil,
I would send them right back - I mean look at the grain in those skews! The one on the left has a straight grain, the one on the right is all twisted. I can swap you some chisels with nice matching shiny black plastic handles if you like. :D

Chris
Now you mention it - you're right. No, can't live with that. Would you like a straight swap for the plastic handles ones? :wink: :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D

The chisels look nice Philly. I've been trying to resist adding a pair of the skew chisels and a 1-inch chisel to my kit. Pictures like yours make resistance that little bit harder. :cry: The grain in the handles of the skew chisels looks great.

Very strange !

A 1" and a left and right 1/2" skew, thats exactly what I ordered to fit these spaces :lol:
414627492_b975893e09.jpg

I've got to wait till the end of April for my free delivery service to arrive, It aint fair. :cry:

Hang on a cotton-pickin'... You mean it doesn't even match the others?! Sheesh, I'll save me dosh then. Actually I will anyway unless some O1 ones show up and then I'll be a lost and bankrupt soul (and thus qualified to move to Dorset... :lol: )

Cheers, Alf

Lord Nibbo":3ps7yisy said:
Very strange !

A 1" and a left and right 1/2" skew, thats exactly what I ordered to fit these spaces :lol:
414627492_b975893e09.jpg

I've got to wait till the end of April for my free delivery service to arrive, It aint fair. :cry:

have only 9 gaps in my case and they're all full :twisted: Damn you RTom Lie Nielsen!!! Better get working on the new rack......

Latest posts

Back