My first Planer...Startrite as you mean to go on

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walfy

Reaction score
afternoon folks, and thank you for having me on here...

New to the forum, new to woodwork to be honest but here we are! Well, the planer / thicknesser below was offered to me at - what I was willing to pay for it, so a good price - however I can't find a manual online... I have 3 sets of blades, 2 of them sharp, and I'd like to get it all set up properly. I've seen the youtube vids etc but I'd be much happier if someone said well its a Holztech SD 230 and here's the manual. I mention that exact machine because I don't think it is... anyone like to chip in? Is it a good machine? what is it worth!?

Needless to say it was loaded with a fork lift, I then could not get it out of the truck so needed to borrow another lift from a mate, now I find my lockup only has 16A breakers and not a socket! Its cost me £150 before I've managed to turn it on!

Not my workshop in the background sadly, all and any advice appreciated!

All the best

88AA2862D245405CB19337C22F80A0AC.jpg
9969858A5DA54AC1813FB4F96E22FA63.jpg

welcome,
nice machine c$ap floor.....hahaha....
wouldn't like to walk on that everyday.....

I'm sure someone on here will have a manual to copy.......very helpful people on here......
what about the factory, do they not have a manual on line....?? .....most do these days.....

I'd expect to find a small plate or sticker with the key information, such as voltage, model etc. Has it anything like that?

I'd expect to find a small plate or sticker with the key information, such as voltage, model etc. Has it anything like that?
I think it may have been over painted in years gone by but I will tripple check - Fitzroy seems to have found something

Back