Multi panel kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just finishing our latest kitchen, it's in a new build in Cambridge. Still a bit of a mess but getting there.
Should be all finished over the weekend then we have a photographer coming in.

cambridge2012060600424.jpg

cambridge2012060600422.jpg

cambridge2012060600420.jpg

Fridge behind the right hand door
img2012060600419.jpg

As always, top job Bob.

Are there electrical sockets anywhere on the island ? There doesn`t seem to be many sockets anywhere, are they hidden or is this a design aspect?

Doug B":1lvuv01h said:
As always, top job Bob.

Are there electrical sockets anywhere on the island ? There doesn`t seem to be many sockets anywhere, are they hidden or is this a design aspect?

Electric sockets on far end of island, and also behind bifold doors, idea is all appliances like kettle, toaster etc are out of the way when not being used.

Congratulations on such good work. Hope it makes you both happy and proud as it should. So many people have no opportunity or wish, capablities or vision of being able to contribute to the world as you have done here. Good luck.

I agree, you have made the world a better place, I hope you are both really happy.

SBJ":1iyngtk4 said:
I agree, you have made the world a better place, I hope you are both really happy.

I am but one man..... but imagine if we all had the opportunity or wish, Imagine there's no heaven,It's easy if you try, No hell below us, Above us only sky. Imagine all the people living for today. Imagine there's no countries, It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for and no religion too. Imagine all the people living life in peace
You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope some day you'll join us and the world will be as one.
Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people sharing all the world
You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope some day you'll join us and the world will live as one

A poet as well if you set that to music you could give up making kitchens. :D

Dibs-h":28202k2n said:
Better not let Wifey see that otherwise she'll add it to my endless list of things to do! LOL!

Dibs

My wife has an endless list for me as well, I find never actually completing a job, usually about 90% done, breaks their spirit after a while :lol:

Your so annoyingly talented!

What's your turnaround on a kitchen like this? If you don't mind me asking.....

Russ":3mpal1x1 said:
What's your turnaround on a kitchen like this? If you don't mind me asking.....

About 2 weeks to make it, we have a furniture fitter on the books who does all our installations, he took 4 days to fit it, granite was templated on the second day of the fit and installed 5 days later.

2 weeks, thats pretty quick!

I hardly get the opportunity to make many kitchens (small workshop) but I do a lot of fitting for customers in SW France, Plain English stuff etc... But sometimes get to make the occasional cabinet or two...

Your kitchens could sell well down here!

SW France is a bit far, however if you can sell one I'll supply it.

A provisional image from the photographer
newimagehm.jpg

When you do the cabinets that rest on the worktop they'll also be fixed to the wall like top cabinets wont they?

Also, the island unit. How do you fix it to the floor?

angelboy":vp2tjy7a said:
When you do the cabinets that rest on the worktop they'll also be fixed to the wall like top cabinets wont they?

Also, the island unit. How do you fix it to the floor?

They are fixed to batons secured to the wall.
The weight of the granite holds the island in place.

Back