More firewood.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god!! The perishin fings are multypling like bruddy wabbitz!

The one in the middle is the original. The one at the front is for one of my grandsons and the one at the back is a commission. On the 2 latter ones I have modified the trailer to try to make it a bit stronger by putting solid sides on and using, in my opinion, both a stronger and better tow bar with a hinge on it.

3tractors1.jpg

3Tractors2.jpg

After I had spent time looking around on my workshop floor for the tow hitch pins every time I turned a tractor over I decided that if I did stupid things like that then what chance has a youngster of keeping it safe, so I put a drilled pin just in front and drilled the top of the hitch pin and fastened it to the rear deck of the tractor. Now it is safe, for now???

I've done a few work in progress photos that I will post when I wake up next. I have to admit that I ain't very good about remembering to do them?

An even more attractive display.

Good to see the Glos. toy talent is still going strong down south.

Jon, that is a stunning piece. The detail is great.

It remind me of the Scannia truck my dad made me when I was about 10, from a plan in Blizard's Wooden Toys book. the wood adds so much to it over a plastic or metal toy.

The fact it was turned takes it to a whole new level too.

Thank you Toby. The 2 that are going have now been pyro'd with the name and initials of the new owners and the tractor name on the side, LANZ BULDOG. So thanks to Ab, I know what it is modelled on!!

Richard Blizard lived just down the road from where we lived near Stroud. A really nice bloke. I met him once when I went to see him to ask if he minded me making his 'Crooked House' to sell. He said that he may well be after some cash if I sold loads, but apart from that he was pleased that I liked it so much. I built one for my daughter when she was 7. She is now 31 and still has it!

Bodrighy":1q17jptw said:
and made the comment 'If you turn firewood you'll end up with firewood'.

Arrogant prick (him not you ;) ) someone should explain to him that wood grows on trees.

I take your comment as a compliment BSM, thank you.

Perhaps not arrogant so much as ignorant? And perhaps he has just forgotten just where his source of employment comes from?

If I remember correctly one of our members signatures states that "we must be careful because wood don't grow on trees you know"

:D :D :D

Thank you Steve. One of the grandsons is mine, the other is the grandson of the lady who asked me to make it as a commission.

I'm looking for a similar plan for steam loco now!

They really are lovely things to make and I think that the modifications I have made to the tow bar are both better and stronger than the original. Better for youngsters?

If anybody would like the plans then I can let you have the link.

Back