Mobile machine bases

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jim,

I don't suppose you have a manual for your DeWalt planer thicknesser? I have been given one of these beasts and know nothing about it whatever and there was no manual with it - any advice would be really useful.

Thanks,

tekno.mage

Hmmm - I found that download site earlier today, along with a couple of others that seemed similar.

The sign-up page on site you mentioned didn't work at all with my Mac & Safari - I just got an error page displayed. I found another site that did appear to work, so signed up with them.

They claimed they would charge my Visa card 1.95 USD for a 3 day sign up, so I checked the "3 day" subscripton box as instructed and carried on to the payment screen which all went through ok - but *after* I'd handed over all my card details and the transaction had been processed, the bill screen displayed a charge of 40.95 USD!!!!

To add insult to injury, I downloaded the software required (utorrent) to download the file I wanted, only to discover that it doesn't work with the rev of the Mac operating system I am using (10.4) and there isn't a version that does :-( I'm certainly not upgrading my nice stable system just to use utorrent once.

I have contacted the support line of the site in question to query the erroneous billing and also to ask for a refund as the software doesn't work. Hopefully the erroneous billing is a genuine mistake (?) of some kind, but if I get no joy on the refund I'll take it up with my bank.

I don't suppose anyone has already successfully downloaded the file themselves and could email it to me? I'll willingly pay the personb a couple of quid via paypal for that!

Regards

tekno.mage

ahh okay - i just googled i didnt try to use it myself. if its a bit torrent site i'd steer clear as they are notorious for virus and spyware.

manual wise probably your best bet would be to contact dewalt themselves - i bet they have pdfs or at least paper copies of all their manuals.

DEWALT
210 Bath Road
Slough, Berks. SL1 3YD
United Kingdom
[email protected]

Online Customer Service Centre: www.2helpu.com

I emailed dewalt regarding a manual for the machine when I first heard that the machine was going begging from a friend's uncle who had died. I never had a reply to the email.

I've also looked at on their online support centre, but they don't list the machine - although they do have PDF manuals for their some of later models available for download.

Maybe I'll try sending them an email again.

Thanks

tekno.mage

I got a reply from DeWalt about the user manual for the DW50 - they say that unfortunately they do not have one as the machine is so old :-(

So, I ask again - if there is anyone here who has a copy of the manual they would be prepared to photocopy or scan, I would be very grateful.

tekno.mage

tekno.mage":3varz23t said:
I got a reply from DeWalt about the user manual for the DW50 - they say that unfortunately they do not have one as the machine is so old :-(

So, I ask again - if there is anyone here who has a copy of the manual they would be prepared to photocopy or scan, I would be very grateful.

tekno.mage

Just a thought: Miles Tools & Machinery stock spares for a vast range of kit. Their web site is very good, with parts listings and drawings. Here's the page for DeWalt P/Ts:

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=12705115&strPageHistory=cat

I've just refurbished my aged little Bosch router (around 15 years old) using new parts from them - I could probably have bought enough bits for a complete new one! They may not have a manual for the exact model, but they might have a spares list and/or drawings, and you can often see from those which models are similar enough for a newer manual to make sense.

I've also spoken to them several times on the 'phone, and they're pleasant and helpful.

HTH (but I fear it may not)...

I use 3-4" 6mm think angle iron and bolt casters on the bottom from Axminster, fixed at the back and swivel (with break) at the front.

I bold the machine to the top of the iron

I have sedgwick spindles and p/t in fact all my machines are on them, they also add weight and are very cheap

Back