Mice and plastic pipes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've had the problem, and after fixing the problem wrapped the pipes in a fine copper mesh sleeve, bought from the evil empire, (Amazon), which seems to be suitably detering the little pippers...
And did you connect the copper mesh to the Moroccan ultra high voltage supply? 🤣

When we bought our house it had an annex that we didn't need at the time so used it for storage. One day in the middle of a very cold winter I went out to discover water pouring out of a door. After switching off the water and electric I discovered that water and central heating pipes had been routed through the annex attic and mice had eaten most of the pipe insulation causing a pipe burst. I sealed off the water supply but the bill for the damage came to ÂŁ1.7k.

Just so I can understand you correctly... They were plastic pipes and the mice got to them/chewed them, and caused the leak? Or they were copped pipes, the mice chewed the insulation, and so the pipes froze and burst causing the leak?

We have more traps than mice in our loft. Just before the winter sets in I go on an extermination spree with an abundance of traps loaded with rasins.

I don't k ow how much mice are like rabbits, but when we had house bunnies the only thing they wouldn't chew through was nylon braiding - TechFlex I think.

Back