Masks and Specs....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kafkaian

Established Member
Reaction score
Agrrrrrrrrrr

And all the retailers 'discriminate' :wink: against us specky gits. How much should it cost to look after your lungs and eyes?

Airace here we come :roll:

kafkaian":1imxxy32 said:
Agrrrrrrrrrr

And all the retailers 'discriminate' :wink: against us specky gits.
:roll:

Specsavers don't! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary":2j10gkh7 said:
kafkaian":2j10gkh7 said:
Agrrrrrrrrrr

And all the retailers 'discriminate' :wink: against us specky gits.
:roll:

Specsavers don't! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't go there! My Specsavers have banned me for moaning too much about their crud service

I use the Trend Air Ace dust mask and it is great if you wear specs as it exhausts out of the sides. It also has replacable filters and is around £30 so not too expensive either. HTH. :wink:

mailee":39vrdsa9 said:
I use the Trend Air Ace dust mask and it is great if you wear specs as it exhausts out of the sides. It also has replacable filters and is around £30 so not too expensive either. HTH. :wink:

Thanks mailee, that's what I'm going for. How much are the replacements and to what spec? P2 only?

The replacement filters are indeed P2 and are about £3 each. They also do a charcoal filter for odours not sure how much this is though. oh and they sell a clip on visor for it too if that is any help. :wink:

mailee":qnxu1m9f said:
The replacement filters are indeed P2 and are about £3 each. They also do a charcoal filter for odours not sure how much this is though. oh and they sell a clip on visor for it too if that is any help. :wink:
Brilliant thanks

I've got the AirAce as well. The basic mask costs £30 but, the clip-on visor is an extra £15-or so and then the case to store it in is £10 again (but you have to remove the visor first).

I sometimes find fitting a new filter to be a pain but it's still a heck of a lot cheaper than the other Trend systems and it is excellent for seeing clearly without any fogging. The visor's ideal for woodturning and you don't need to bother with those awkward over-specs.

I've tried everything up till now at the cheap end and had enough. Either that or spend £2k on laser eye surgery :D

mailee":2he57331 said:

Just bought one. Let's see how it goes

I have had the airace with visor for a year or so and I don't think you will be disappointed with it. My only problem is fine dust sticks to the visor by static (same as most safety specs, I suppose) and needs a regular wipe with a damp cloth to keep it clear, but it does let you wear your regular glasses without fogging.

mailee":38fwh06h said:

Yes. I find the Trend 'Air Ace' to be good value and one of the few that spec. wearers can use without misting up.

Back