A Disaster narrowly averted,,

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevekane

Established Member
Reaction score
Just for info and probably not the sort of thing you should ever need to know,,our neighbour wanted to replace a double glazed unit in his conservatory, I had shown him once before how to get them out and was happy to help again, however he pulled it out himself measured and ordered up a new one. He then asked me to help fit it in, at which point we discover that he has bought a 24mm unit instead of a 28mm,,,,£80s worth.
After a bit of thought I searched the net and found 20mm x 2mm white upvc finishing trim and took a chance and bought two 6mtr rolls for around £17. This morning I was happy to find that it was not the nightmare job I anticipated to get it all in place and the finished result looked no different to the other windows. I should add that these were regular modern upvc windows with internal beads, and the fillets are sitting between the beads and the glass. Obviously not ideal but it got him out of a hole.
Steve.

A replacement piece of glass at the correct thickness would have probably cost £100 + and of course the 1st piece is useless so £17 is a good price to pay to get out of jail ..👍👍👍

Back