Eggbeater drills without heavy metal paint?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see that you are annoyed Simon, but please go easy with your demands. They are quite aggressive and are also rude.
The OP must have seen these postings and has not appeared to be so upset as you. Thank you.

Tanz replied about being diagnosed OCD and alluding to other mental health issues, and you felt compelled to attack them for it? You should be ashamed of yourself, it's not the 1940s any more, maybe speak to your grandchildren about the correct way to interact with other humans in the 21st century.
I read spectrics post and I didn't take it as an attack, I think you have well and truly over reacted to it.
Perhaps take your own advice Simon, go and learn how to interact with humans in the 21st century.

Last edited:
I know that you specify egg beater style of drill, and an issue with cadmium and lead. Two things spring to mind.
1. If you get a new one, from Europe, then lead and cadmium will not be an issue, as these have been illegal in any hazardous quantity for many years. Cadmium is still allowed on the US market.
2. Get a small brace and buy a 3 jaw adapter. A cheap stanley with an adapter from Dieter Schmidt maybe? The plastic in the handles will be lead and cadmium free, and if you still need additional reassurance, you could use some sports tape on the handles.

I can see that you are annoyed Simon, but please go easy with your demands. They are quite aggressive and are also rude
Fair comment, my apologies to Spectric for being aggressive. I'd have probably got further by toning it down. I feel passionately about being inclusive, in a world where there are an alarmingly high number of people who seemingly couldn't give 2 hoots about others, so yes, I get annoyed.
The OP must have seen these postings and has not appeared to be so upset as you
OP has not posted in this thread since the offending post. I think that assuming that silence means tacit acceptance is a very worrying path to go down. I think that there's a good likelihood that they have decided that the overwhelming ignorance they faced in the thread means that this forum isn't for them and have therefore not returned.
Perhaps take your own advice Simon, go and learn how to interact with humans in the 21st century.
I'm glad you've joined me on my "well and truly overreacting" pedestal, there's a mighty nice view up here don't you think 🙄

Fair comment, my apologies to Spectric for being aggressive. I'd have probably got further by toning it down. I feel passionately about being inclusive, in a world where there are an alarmingly high number of people who seemingly couldn't give 2 hoots about others, so yes, I get annoyed.

OP has not posted in this thread since the offending post. I think that assuming that silence means tacit acceptance is a very worrying path to go down. I think that there's a good likelihood that they have decided that the overwhelming ignorance they faced in the thread means that this forum isn't for them and have therefore not returned.

I'm glad you've joined me on my "well and truly overreacting" pedestal, there's a mighty nice view up here don't you think 🙄
No, you're still on your own.

Back