Makita bhp456rfe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r10ley

Reaction score
Hi, im looking to buy a new combi drill and have settled on a Makita bhp456rfe. After abit of research im abit confused as there seems to be two model types (see pictures).

One seems to have an extra bit for choosing torque settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

r10ley

Attachments

• fe3d6bf6aed379c24c7a904acf031d16.jpg
    fe3d6bf6aed379c24c7a904acf031d16.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 4,495
  • MakitaBHP456RFE.jpg
    MakitaBHP456RFE.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 4,495
Seems very odd that they both have the same model number!

The top one appears to be a drill/driver with the usual torque selector.

The second one is a combi-drill, the second "ring" is the on/off hammer selector.

Looking on the Makita website, the BHP456RFE is a combi hammer drill. The equivalent drill/driver would be the BDF452RFE. I have that drill driver myself and its an excellent work horse. I purchased that specifically for the compact length compared to a combi drill & also the weight saving.

Hi, so you own the drill shown in style 2 and you say its a drill driver? I agree it looks like a drill driver but if you look at websites selling this drill its advertised as a combi hammer drill : ?

r10ley

5284f767-bd74-2c45.jpg
I think I've attached a photo of my 3 drills, left to right are bhp451 3speed combi, bhp452 2speed combi and bdf452 2speed drill driver. I can only assume the prefix bhp indicates a combi drill and bdf a drill driver.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hi, thanks for your reply, I believe the drill shown in the first picture to be a drill/driver model bdf456 (the new version of the bdf452). Not sure why this picture is being used to sell a combi drill : ?

Thanks

I am always confused at the choice of Makita drill drivers. I bought mine in an offer at screwfix for about £130 and I noticed another similar looking one that was over twice the price just for the drill! Can't seem to work out what the model numbers mean?

mailee":2tf111rh said:
I am always confused at the choice of Makita drill drivers. I bought mine in an offer at screwfix for about £130 and I noticed another similar looking one that was over twice the price just for the drill! Can't seem to work out what the model numbers mean?

The more expensive ones have a full metal gear box, are more rugged and have 3 speeds.

Back