Triton or Trend router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thank you for all the replies. This is the first chance I've had all day to reply, so apologies.

Last night I put a cheeky bid on a Makita 3612 1/2" which looked in very good condition, that was before I was fully sold on Triton which I now absolutely am. Anyway, I've won the 3612 for £99 🤷🏻‍♂️🙏 it seems to have good reviews so hopefully that will do me for now. I am however starting to feel the love for a Ryobi trim router. I have the full battery kit for other systems and it might just make sense for a cheeky £100....

Wow, thank you for all the replies. This is the first chance I've had all day to reply, so apologies.

Last night I put a cheeky bid on a Makita 3612 1/2" which looked in very good condition, that was before I was fully sold on Triton which I now absolutely am. Anyway, I've won the 3612 for £99 🤷🏻‍♂️🙏 it seems to have good reviews so hopefully that will do me for now. I am however starting to feel the love for a Ryobi trim router. I have the full battery kit for other systems and it might just make sense for a cheeky £100....
I have that Makita router, it is pretty decent and powerful enough for most stuff.
I would say the only fault with it to look out for is the threaded depth stop can creep or at least mine does, its something to do with the design of the brass bit where it acts as a quick set when you push it in, I think it moves with vibration, so don`t trust it 100%. Other than that its a workhorse.

I say this as a previous owner of a Triton, which was great in a table but not great in handheld mode at all, I think the Makita is a better choice.

Ollie

I have that Makita router, it is pretty decent and powerful enough for most stuff.
I would say the only fault with it to look out for is the threaded depth stop can creep or at least mine does, its something to do with the design of the brass bit where it acts as a quick set when you push it in, I think it moves with vibration, so don`t trust it 100%. Other than that its a workhorse.

I say this as a previous owner of a Triton, which was great in a table but not great in handheld mode at all, I think the Makita is a better choice.

Ollie
That's really reassuring Ollie, thank you.

It looks in really good condition, boxed too with all the bits, I'm pretty chuffed for that money.

Back