Making storm proof casement windows ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flanajb":w8478vhm said:
After a bit of research, I have decided to go for flush fitting casement windows rather than stormproof ones. They do look much more attractive than storm proof. Anyone know whether there are caveats associated with flush fitting casements and building regs?

Thanks

Good idea, I think stormproof look dreadful in any situation (and often look like plastic) and modern seals do not need the front rebate to be weatherproof.

Modernist":1fl6jq0g said:
flanajb":1fl6jq0g said:
After a bit of research, I have decided to go for flush fitting casement windows rather than stormproof ones. They do look much more attractive than storm proof. Anyone know whether there are caveats associated with flush fitting casements and building regs?

Thanks

Good idea, I think stormproof look dreadful in any situation (and often look like plastic) and modern seals do not need the front rebate to be weatherproof.
Thanks Brian for pointing out that stormproof windows looks ugly. That got me trawling the web to look for other styles.

flanajb":19fbejf3 said:

Thanks

None that I am aware of. Good call. Stormproof windows look cr*p.

Back