Machinery Gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received a couple of chuck key's from Chronos - unfortunatly neither fit. If I can't source one that does fit, could someone point me in the direction of instructions on how to remove the chuck completely - I might have to replace this with a new one if I can't source a key - maybe to a keyless one would be a good idea :)

ByronBlack":3qkw1ehc said:
I received a couple of chuck key's from Chronos - unfortunatly neither fit. If I can't source one that does fit, could someone point me in the direction of instructions on how to remove the chuck completely - I might have to replace this with a new one if I can't source a key - maybe to a keyless one would be a good idea :)

Byron,

It looks the same as my Sealey apart from the colour so it will almost definitely have a morse taper quill.

Lower the quill as far as it will go and you will see a slot to drive a wedge in. You need a wedge to fit then just drive it in and the chuck will drop out.

If it's been in a while it might be tight!

Cheers
Mike

Byron
I have never seen a planing attachment for a jointer, or perhaps out of respect for the company I'm keeping, a thicknessing attachment for a surfacer. Any chance you could post a few pictures of it off and mounted on the machine to feed my curiosity? No need to see any action pictures of it cutting especially in light of Scrit's warning, just want to understand how it worked.
Thanks

Back